IGNORED

New TaylorMade MB, MC and CB Irons for 2014

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder which ones Sergio will play?

combo of MC's and MB's probably. he did this for a time with the previous TP's...he's an RBT fan tho so, who knows.

**my 712 cb compared to the tp mc....8 irons....tp mc is in light blue. Oh these feel amazing. Love them paired w the kbs.

went to Golf galaxy the other night and they were able to squeeze me in at 7:30pm (finally, they close at 8 ) to hit these MC beauties. they were stock KBS Tour Stiff, std lie/length. i compared the 4,6,8 irons with my CBs.

initial thoughts:

looks - Wow...gorgeous, simple, set up nicely behind the ball. nice topline.
sound - nice, muted click, similar to that of the i20 (best comparison i can think of)

performance (here is where i was really impressed) -

4i:
CB: avg carry 204/avg total 214
MC: avg carry 213/avg total 224
Overall dispersion was better with the MCs than my CBs and overall ball speed was greater as well. carry and total distances were longer as well and more consistent. LA was apples to apples with the CBs, even with the higher launching KBS Tours. **see below**

6i:
CB: avg carry 193/ avg total 202
MC: avg carry 206/ avg total 211
again, overall dispersion was better with the MCs than the CBs, and ballspeed was greater. carry and total distances were a solid 6-7 yards longer for the MC (carry AND total). **see below**

8i:
CB: avg carry 170/avg total 178
MC: avg carry 178/avg total 186
dispersion was better (not by much) with the MCs and overall distance was better since in this iron the LA was a bit lower than with my CBs. **see below**

****The biggest difference between my CBs and the MCs (and in my opinion the thing that will sell these MC's faster than hotcakes at sunday at church)....The ability to hit a quality shot while hitting lower on the clubface. unbelievable. i hit about 2-3 low on the face with both my CBs and the MCs and the taylormades did not, and i say again, DID NOT perform any differently. my CBs when hit low on the face hit lower launching shots that rolled out alot. the MCs had the same ballflight, same carry and just a touch less distance b/c of spin. other than that they performed the same exact way. aside from the 'feel' of hitting it low on the face, the results were identical to well struck shots. ****

i'm thoroughly impressed.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Went out to hit these beauties today.

The CB looked very like the MC or even the MB at address. Nice to look at. Hit OK.

The MC looks like a blade, but does not have the touch and sound. Hitting the MB just put a smile on my face. Very nice. First time I hit something coming close to my 1988 Hogan Apex.

Well, MC for the handicap, MB for fun. After hitting the CBs and MCs, the MBs look really, really tiny. Classic club.

(I jet have to hit Nike or Mizuno blades to compare...)

• 4 weeks later...

i picked up a set of 4-PW TP MC's with some Project X (non-flighted) 6.5 shafts in them...good lord they're amazing clubs. i'll give some more thoughts after i have them a bit longer but, the flight, spin and control with these irons is amazing. very impressed.

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

FWIW, I reviewed the CBs: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/taylormade_tour_preferred_cb_irons_review I think someone is doing a review of the MCs soon as well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FWIW, I reviewed the CBs: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/taylormade_tour_preferred_cb_irons_review

I think someone is doing a review of the MCs soon as well.

solid review Jamo...i'm wondering why you went with the CB's instead of the MC's or even the MB's? you're a low single handicapper...?

reason i ask - i know i had a tough time looking down at the CB over the others b/c of the length heel to toe...(looked very long)

solid review Jamo...i'm wondering why you went with the CB's instead of the MC's or even the MB's? you're a low single handicapper...? reason i ask - i know i had a tough time looking down at the CB over the others b/c of the length heel to toe...(looked very long)

First come, first serve. Someone beat me to 'em.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!