Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Foursum Golf

Top 10 Shots to Clinch a Major

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals. Just finished my first blog post for Foursum Golf and I'd love some feedback. Have a look and let me know what you think!

http://blog.foursum.com/top-10-golf-shots-to-clinch-a-major/

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Tigers birdie putt on 18 at the 72nd hole at Torrey in '08? I realize it wasn't for the win but that is about as clutch as you can get. It was a literal "must make." And it's not one shot ... But Schwartzels string (4 I think) of birdies to close out the Masters a couple of years ago was also quite impressive.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Corey Pavins 4 wood(?) I thought was pretty clutch, and maybe an honorable mention

Tigers birdie putt on 18 at the 72nd hole at Torrey in '08? I realize it wasn't for the win but that is about as clutch as you can get. It was a literal "must make."

Definitely super clutch. I mentioned those two in the opening paragraph. Top 15 for sure!

Trevino's chip in at the 1972 British Open on 17 to beat Nicklaus by 1 and end Nicklaus's arguably best chance at the single season Grand Slam.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tway and Mize were the two that immediately shot to my mind.

Sandy Lyle from the fairway bunker at 18 at Augusta is one we usually invoke, but I'm not sure it really qualifies as top 10 material