IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

For fun, we should be taking pictures of the final scorecards after each of these.  Since we didn't, here's mine:

A couple of notes:

-The picture Mike posted is (I am pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong) of my tee shot on 8.  It was a 4 iron that I pull hooked into a bush.  Yay!

- The other two doubles on the front side were also caused by poor tee shots, which is really nothing terribly new to me.  I'm working on eliminating those and slowly getting there.

- It's the doubles on the back that were frustrating.  15 was a bladed UW from 130 well over the green, followed by a really poor pitch.  Neither of those shots is excusable.

- The bogey on 16 was because I clubbed down at the last minute and ended up not making the green. :doh:

- And 18 was the crown jewel.  A perfect tee shot, followed by a perfect 6 iron layup left me with 70 yards to a green light pin.  I didn't even have to go over the pond.  So, I hit a 50 yard shot, push it slightly, watch it take the slope of the green/fringe towards the pond and then trickle (plinko style) down, down, down, and into the pond.

All in all, a decent round, but man it should have been a lot better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a great time playing with Tristan, Colin, and his uncle yesterday. Played terribly, but there were a few shots I felt ok about, so theres that....Only got a few pics:

View of 10 and 18 green from the patio

@tristanhilton85 getting ready to bomb one...

@Big C

Autofocus is not my friend...

Looking down on 10 and 18 greens with the club house and Orange County in the background

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

-The picture Mike posted is (I am pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong) of my tee shot on 8.  It was a 4 iron that I pull hooked into a bush.  Yay!

The picture is #10 tee, where you made par after a fantastic putt. Mike also made par, as did Jeff. I made a 7. Kinda interesting that there are three par-3s within a four hole stretch (#7, #8, and #10).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The picture is #10 tee, where you made par after a fantastic putt. Mike also made par, as did Jeff. I made a 7.

Kinda interesting that there are three par-3s within a four hole stretch (#7, #8, and #10).

Yours and Jeff's were from 10, but mine looks different.  There is a pretty sizable hill behind each of you and only a road behind me.  Also, I think those lights in the distance in my pic are from the driving range. :-P

Totally agree though ... don't think I've ever seen a course that had three par 3's bunched so close together. :beer:

Yours and Jeff's were from 10, but mine looks different.  There is a pretty sizable hill behind each of you and only a road behind me.  Also, I think those lights in the distance in my pic are from the driving range. :-P Totally agree though ... don't think I've ever seen a course that had three par 3's bunched so close together. :beer:

It appears you're right and I'm wrong. -1 to me for lack of attention to detail.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!