IGNORED

2014 Kraft Nabisco Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Great chip from Wie. Tie ballgame again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if Lexi can hit the ball farther than either of her bothers? I haven't watched them play but I don't think I would handle it well if my sister could out-drive me. Would be motivation for sure.

When was the last time we saw a great duel between the two players paired in the final group of a major? YE Yang-Tiger in 2009 at Hazeltine? Or even Tiger-Rocco 2008 in the playoff?

This has a match play feel to it (at least through two holes) that I can't remember seeing in a while on either tour. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Constantine

• Administrator

Anybody know if Lexi can hit the ball farther than either of her bothers?

She cannot. She's not super long, she's just super long for a woman. 274 this year, 271 last year.

When was the last time we saw a great duel between the two players paired in the final group of a major? YE Yang-Tiger in 2009 at Hazeltine? Or even Tiger-Rocco 2008 in the playoff?

This has a match play feel to it (at least through two holes) that I can't remember seeing in a while on either tour. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Se Ri Pak is only two shots behind. It kind of does, but it could quickly become a three- or four-way race.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When was the last time we saw a great duel between the two players paired in the final group of a major? YE Yang-Tiger in 2009 at Hazeltine? Or even Tiger-Rocco 2008 in the playoff?  This has a match play feel to it (at least through two holes) that I can't remember seeing in a while on either tour. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm at a family thing and cannot watch til later bit aren't Pak and Hull only a few strokes back? I don't think it's out if the question ymthsr either of them gets hot. I love the contrast between Wie and Thompson tho. Makes for a great head to head matchup to see how differently they are swinging. One so controlled, the other so fearless.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator

Lexi gouges one to 35 feet and Michelle leaves a chip and run eight or ten feet short. Lexi's putt is five feet shy. Make/miss in either order could be big.

And… Wie misses. Back to -10. First bogey in last 35 holes.

Hmmm, it's Wie's first bogey all week on the front side. She parred the third hole in each of her previous three rounds. Hopefully she can bounce back quickly.

And despite Lexi's unorthodox looking, aggressive swing, she seems to own it pretty darn well at the moment.

Constantine

Birdie for Thompson, 2-shot lead now.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yea, and dominating the unofficial proximity to the hole contest too.

Constantine

• Administrator

Michelle hasn't seemed to notice that the greens seem firmer. Longer approach shots are riskier on firmer greens.

Michelle hasn't seemed to notice that the greens seem firmer. Longer approach shots are riskier on firmer greens.

Yup. Two pretty good approaches into 5 though. [quote name="JetFan1983" url="/t/73648/2014-kraft-nabisco-championship-discussion-thread/60_30#post_972684"]Heyyyyy @jamo with 8000+ posts. Golf clap for you, buddy. :-D   Jeez, Lexi Thompson is swinging it great this week.  [/quote] Heh. Number 8000 was the suitably bland: [quote name="jamo" url="/t/73717/newbie-needs-some-advice/0_30#post_972595"] @saevel25 mentioned trail sneakers - that's a pretty good idea. There are also plenty of spikeless golf shoes available. Either way, it might be nice to have a pair of golf shoes that you can also get other uses out of.[/quote]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Yup. Two pretty good approaches into 5 though.

Lexi about to go three up. Another Wie putt just short. :-(

• Administrator
Michelle finally inside Lexi at 6. But unlikely to birdie. Well not short on that one. Wonder when she'll change the strategy of laying back if she remains down by three.

Wonder when she'll change the strategy of laying back if she remains down by three.

Good shot by Wie from 173, but on a 395 yard hole, it's not too much of a stretch to say she's laying too far back right now given Lexi's lead, not a terrible amount of trouble deep, and the firmness of the greens making wedges in hand pretty advantageous.

Constantine

• Administrator
Lexi appears to have this in the bag. Even on 8.

Note: This thread is 3672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!