IGNORED

TaylorMade Golf Introduces SLDR Mini Driver

Note: This thread is 3334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit my irons and woods fairly clean and accurately but I produce a huge slice when hitting my driver. I've had a few lessons but I still can't consistently hit my driver in the fairway. Could this club be a permanent replacement for driver for my game?

I hit my irons and woods fairly clean and accurately but I produce a huge slice when hitting my driver. I've had a few lessons but I still can't consistently hit my driver in the fairway. Could this club be a permanent replacement for driver for my game?

I'm so impressed with this club I'd say yes, give it a try.

In the long run you should learn to hit your driver, but in the meantime, this mini driver could make the game more fun for you.

My opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I am testing this out in the 12 degree version tomorrow afternoon.  I am very curious to see how it plays and will report back.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am testing this out in the 12 degree version tomorrow afternoon.  I am very curious to see how it plays and will report back.

Leaving me hanging bro? (Just joking) I'm thinking more everyday that something like that may work for me.

Leaving me hanging bro? (Just joking) I'm thinking more everyday that something like that may work for me.

I like it a lot. I gave up about 10-15 yards in carry over my driver with a fair amount of increased accuracy. It is pretty easy to hit off the tee. However, I am probably not going to put one in the bag...right now. I struggle right now to get the ball in the air out of the fairway and 12 degrees is not helping that cause. If I give up on the driver, this will be in the bag though. I really like the shorter than driver length of the club as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I like it a lot. I gave up about 10-15 yards in carry over my driver with a fair amount of increased accuracy. It is pretty easy to hit off the tee. However, I am probably not going to put one in the bag...right now. I struggle right now to get the ball in the air out of the fairway and 12 degrees is not helping that cause. If I give up on the driver, this will be in the bag though. I really like the shorter than driver length of the club as well.

Did you find it noticably harder to hit off of the ground than your 3 wood? I'm hitting my 3W really well now and I'm thinking a 12 degree might be good on long par 5s. If I went that route I would leave the 5W at home. Probably would keep the driver in the bag but use it mostly on more open holes.

Did you find it noticably harder to hit off of the ground than your 3 wood? I'm hitting my 3W really well now and I'm thinking a 12 degree might be good on long par 5s. If I went that route I would leave the 5W at home. Probably would keep the driver in the bag but use it mostly on more open holes.

I don't think you would have a problem with it. I literally can't hit a 3w off the deck right now, so I am not much help. Last year when I could actually get a fairway wood in the air, I was able to hit my 12.5 degree Driveway off the deck just fine. Give it a whirl sometime and see what happens.

Nate

Went to a fitting centre yesterday to try the mini driver out and all i can say is i am very impressed with it, i was testing the 14 degree model and my longest was 267 yards. It is much more accurate than my Callaway X hot which i was getting over 3k rpm on. So i was having some very bad shots with when it did go wrong.

This brought my spin levels way down and i was very confident with the club to just keep hitting it as hard as i could. I traded my X Hot in and bought the Mini Driver, tested it out at the range today and all i can say is yes it has definitely improved my driving and that was my biggest flaw.

If you struggle for accuracy off the tee this will no doubt help u in my opinion and the person that was giving me the fitting said they are flying out the store due to being so easy to hit. My X Hot was getting about 210-220 yards on average. I average over 250 yards now with this driver and i wont look back. This will be in my bag for quite some time hope this helps guys.

callaway.gif X Hot Driver 11.5*

ping.gif G20 3 Wood

ping.gif G20 3 and 4 Hybrid

ping.gif G20 Irons

titleist.gif Vokey SM4 60*

taylormade.gif White Smoke Putter

Glad to hear it's helping you. Are you supposed to place the ball forward in your stance still, as you would a driver, or in the middle like the rest of your clubs?

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

I hit the mini at a demo day and really liked it. I bought one and can't hit it worth a darn. I'm going to sell it because it doesn't really fit my game. 14 loft with a regular flex shaft.

• 5 months later...

Anyone still swinging this?

I've only ever seen one around my locale - mine, and now it sits in the garage bag along with other one-off, non-played clubs.

I can hit my driver pretty well, so taking the loss of distance compared to my deeper-faced R11S made little sense. It was not any longer or more accurate than the R11S 3W either. I prefer the smaller 160cc of the R11S, even on the tee.

I don't regret the purchase, except I should have avoided the super light stock Speeder 57.

Hopefully one of my older pals at the club has some interest and some $$$. Some of them still play clubs circa 2000 - the 260cc ought to fit right in.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

I only got mine in October. I have kept it in the bag and took out a 3 wood. The thing is that 14* shorter shaft , and nice sized clubhead, helps me keep the ball in the fairway. Trying to dial it in on a simulator really has helped me realize the potential of this club. I just love it all around. Just hope to be more consistent by next season. I forgot to mention that I absolutely love the way it looks. I average 200-226 off tee and deck at the moment.

• 2 months later...
I was checking to see what people think of the sldr mini driver. With the release of the aero mini driver on March 27 if people will look into getting one. Here's an article about it with some pictures. http://www.golfwrx.com/287183/taylormade-extends-aeroburner-line-with-mini-driver/

Note: This thread is 3334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!