IGNORED

My Swing (late347)

late347
Note: This thread is 3590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

check out my cool blisters and horrible golf grip.

Club is 3-i

glove size is men's small

golf grips are standard, I believe, because the grips only say "golf pride tour velvet"

mvmac, Sorry but I never understood the following aspect of the driver swing, can you please clarify? My driver impacts are extremely inconsistent, I can either bomb it, or just terribly mishit it.

1. you want to have most weight on the lead leg, at impact position correct?

2. in order to hit the ball the most effective with driver, do I need slightly upwards strike? My clubhead speed has not been measured, but my best drive thusfar has been 275 yards carry in neutral sideways wind (+ maybe a few yards roll). My driver is big bertha 10,5deg regular shaft. Clubhead speed should be at least 100-105mph, if we guesstimated from distance vs clubhead speed charts.

Certain portion of my  low flying mishits, can often reach 275 yards total distance, (mostly due to extreme rolls)

3. How is is possible to do both 1 and 2, at impact position? Weight forward on the lead leg, and also slight upwards strike at the ball, at impact position?

4. Doesn't your center of balance (in terms of physics) become completely disturbed? Basically, at adress position, you tilt the spine slightly towards the backfoot, in order to induce possibility for upward strike at the ball.

5. During backswing, you coil around your body, presumably maintaining the spine tilt (in order to keep upwards strike possible, same low point of the swing so to speak) So, in other words try to maintain the reverse K- setup at backswing, downswing and impact.

In other words, to maintain the spine tilt, of the adress position until impact, yes or not?)

1. Yes, majority of the weight forward with the head steady.

2. Yes

3/4. Play the ball forward of your left shoulder, check out the thread

5. You can set up with the reverse K at address but you're still trying to do the same pivot stuff you would for an iron, keeping the head steady, bending and stretching at the same rate.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. Yes, majority of the weight forward with the head steady.

2. Yes

3/4. Play the ball forward of your left shoulder, check out the thread

5. You can set up with the reverse K at address but you're still trying to do the same pivot stuff you would for an iron, keeping the head steady, bending and stretching at the same rate.

my grip is still presumably problematic?

Did you check the video?

my grip is still presumably problematic?

Did you check the video?

Heel pad has to get more on top of the grip

Another visual, if you shot a nail through the joint the arrow is pointing to the "nail" should come into contact with the middle of the grip, yours would be on the left side of the grip.

Mike McLoughlin

If I put the heelpad (which connects thumb into the hand?), on the golf grip then in that case I can no longer hold the club in the fingers. My grip becomes as you said "palmy" I cannot keep the grip in the left hand's pinky finger. Or so I feel at least.

If I put the heelpad (which connects thumb into the hand?), on the golf grip then in that case I can no longer hold the club in the fingers.

My grip becomes as you said "palmy"

I cannot keep the grip in the left hand's pinky finger. Or so I feel at least.

If the grip is palmy then it doesn't look like the pics or videos I've shared.

Heel pad is where the green line is

I suggest you watch this video again

Mike McLoughlin

what am I doing wrong I don't even understand... This only happens with driver really...

with hybrids and irons and wedges, my typical mishits are fade or push. Rare mishit with irons and wedges is slice...

But with the driver I'm not improving at all... which is just sad isn't it.

I could cary that ball out to 250 yards if I could hit it straight with good trajectory.

Sometimes low altitude bad shots roll-out to about 260 yard mark.

what am I doing wrong I don't even understand... This only happens with driver really...

with hybrids and irons and wedges, my typical mishits are fade or push. Rare mishit with irons and wedges is slice...

But with the driver I'm not improving at all... which is just sad isn't it.

I could cary that ball out to 250 yards if I could hit it straight with good trajectory.

Sometimes low altitude bad shots roll-out to about 260 yard mark.

I'm no expert, but seeing as your losing your balance alot, I would slow down a bunch. You can't do something correct at full speed, slow it down to about 40 to 60% then make a nice smooth swing and see what happens. Just my 3 cents.

I'll just refer you to this post. Head is moving around too much, especially on the downswing (towards the target). Foot has to come off the ground so you don't fall over.

As for the swing. Your head is all over the place. I would work on keeping your head steadier, and then work on getting your weight forward at impact while maintaining that steady head. From there you can build on other things in the swing.

Mike McLoughlin

-I was out there playing front nine holes

-my best hybrid shot was certainly 230 yards with slight downward roll.

-left driver in the bag and used hybrids off the short tee, womens tee's allowed because I'm a high handicapper.

-putts were close but no cigar - oftentimes 3-4 putt necessary, today was just bad putting day...

-I tried to implement the centered pivot idea into my swing. It went quite well, except I had terrible short game. I'm still hitting thin shots occasionally...

-I shot like 54 front-9 which is not great - but slight improvement from the beginning.

-I lost only one ball - OB which is ok, only one penalty stroke in total.

-I had my first legit eagle chances on  two short par5s, with a close chip, but I missed it slightly - I missed birdie putt slightly and ended with par.

- the other short par5 I made bogey.

-my short game was quite terrible, not really hitting the greens too well...

-I was trying lob shots with open face 60deg wedge. I accidentally held back my power, I should have made full swing shots because of the increased loft decreases the distance, but I forgot to think about it...

I made 1 par and 3 bogeys, 5 triple bogeys. I gathered 37 stableford points, which is just enough to lower hcp.

I'll just refer you to this post. Head is moving around too much, especially on the downswing (towards the target). Foot has to come off the ground so you don't fall over.

which foot and during which swing phase elaborate please? :blink:

which foot and during which swing phase elaborate please?

right foot during the downswing.,.  see above :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Ball position is way forward in the last video compared to the first ones, seeing a lot of lunging at the ball which causes loss of balance.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Ball position is way forward in the last video compared to the first ones, seeing a lot of lunging at the ball which causes loss of balance.

Nah, its fine.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Nah, its fine.

I'm just saying it's a lot different than recently and he may feel the need to lunge more at it, it is better than it was before though.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I have to do a lot of LUNGING at badminton matches with my friends... I guess it's instinct :-D

I think I gotta work on the tempo of the driver swing a little bit more.

It's really the driver which causes grey hairs to me. Most common mishit is duckhook, sometimes I'm also skyballing the ball.

I will try to get more video for tomorrow at the range if the weather is not torrent of downpour. It was summerstorm today so not very good weather for golfing LOL

I'm able to hit long irons and hybrids well enough to play from the close tees at my local course (I had some eagle chips and birdie putts, but I missed them for par -which is acceptable even still)

I will do a stretching routine today and tomorrow morning to get me ready for some range practice tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new driver, cobra biocell, project-x, 62g, stiff shaft. I like the looks the best. Biocell plus was not recommended for beginner like me. Taylormade sldr felt nice, but it's an ugly club so I didn't want to own it to be honest.

All my shots at the flightscope were quite horrible though! It happened with cobra, wilson, mizuno and taylormade clubs all of them similar shots.

all driver shots were  push-fade, or push-slice. :censored::pound:

my old club used to be, big bertha aldila 55g regular shaft. I'm recovering from a muscle injury in my right hand thouhg... It's gonna take some time but nothin spectacular to do about it really...

clubface seemed to be slightly open in most cases. I forgot the clubpath I don't understand flightscope data very well sadly. And most shots definitely were pushfade or pushslice (going right + fade, or going right + slice, occasionally pure push straight)

I was at a loss of understanding why this happens. The clubfitter just noted that it's a swing issue because it's sort of gross error, not small enough to correct with clubfitting.

Swing speed average is 105mph

I keep the ball at about inside the left heel line. Tee height I guess about 3/4 of ball above clubface I'd say. My posture is somewhat upright with the driver though...

Launch angles were actually positive of course, because clubface open at impact. I was not hitting down on it so much, I think at least. I was unable to print the results on paper sadly I would have liked to have the data on paper.

Note: This thread is 3590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!