IGNORED

who gambles while golfing

SandSave
Note: This thread is 6062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

who gambles while they golf? whats the most you have ever lost or won?

we played the quarter game ( i think it was the 6 point game) once, yeah those quarters turned into $100 holes by the end. it was press press press! we won 1250 quarters in 18 holes of golf!

any stories??

When I was in Japan we used to play a game called Las Vegas. My partner and I won $230 each on one hole. We played for $10 a point. I don't gamble much anymore though. I find that bragging rights are much more pleasurable to win.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

all the time usually not for money most of the gambeling is dinners, slave work like car washing and cleaning clubs

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

haha, i like that, i should be playing my brother for the car wash! yeah we usually play #8 for the lunch or we play the hole before the lunch stand for lunch... and drinks afterwards!

I very rarely play golf without gambling at least a few dollars. My group usually plays a $2 nassau with $1 side bets and automatic 2 down presses.

I played 4 ball for $10 bucks a hole once and won $360. My partner and I were up $180 with presses when the other team wanted to go double or nothing on the last hole.

I never gamble on golf....I already lose too many balls, and there is no way I could win a bet.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

who gambles while they golf? whats the most you have ever lost or won?

Only something I know I can win. Usually it's a dollar bet, or food after the round. I'm starting to make money off the "I'll use a 7 iron and a putter, you use whatever you want on this hole, winner gets a dollar" or something like that.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Only something I know I can win. Usually it's a dollar bet, or food after the round. I'm starting to make money off the "I'll use a 7 iron and a putter, you use whatever you want on this hole, winner gets a dollar" or something like that.

If you didnt acknowledge in your profile that you are a mid handicapper, I would think you were some ex-tour player that just takes peoples money for fun because you left the tour. If anyone wants to know how good you are, they just have to ask.

If you didnt acknowledge in your profile that you are a mid handicapper, I would think you were some ex-tour player that just takes peoples money for fun because you left the tour.

Oh, the reason why I win at these sort of things is because most of my buddies are total hacks.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

4Ball, we all chuck in £10 winner takes all

My Dad and i, usally the loser pays for the next round
Superquad 9.5 Stiff
G5 3 Wood Stiff
MP-57 3-PW
R-Series 56 Wedge
52 & 60 WedgesWH #5

The four I usually play in throws up balls on the first tee to decide teams and then plays a points comp. 1 point for birdies, 1 point for sand saves and 1 point for winning the hole (outright only and no jackpoting). Losing team shouts the beers after the round.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

The four I usually play in throws up balls on the first tee to decide teams ...

What do you mean by "throws up balls on the first tee"?

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• Administrator
What do you mean by "throws up balls on the first tee"?

Throw up four balls (each one belongs to one of the four players). The two closest to each other are partners that day.

Some people throw a tee to the ground and their partner is the one it points to. Same basic thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We usually play a Round Robin match, with skins and greenies. Typically a bad day will cost you $20. On a great day you might win as much as $50... but more often it's around $5-$10. Depends on the stakes that day. The guys I play those games with are all members of the Men's Club, so we apply handicaps to equal things out. The big winner usually buys the first round.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We usually play skins or team best ball.

I have 2 friends that basically gamble on everything you can. They do a Nassau, FIR, GIR, Closest to the Pin on par 3's and putts. They easily exchange a couple hundred a round.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

I would have to say the funnest game i have played has to be 9 hole Hold'em. We usually have 2 games going on in our group and if two groups then we do another game with them usually for dinner/lunch. Now we added the 9 hole hold'em game in we're having a blast.

I love to play for scalps (golf gloves) even if it is a old junk one....
They just must sign and date.

We useally play low ball low total for quarters and individual skins with a 5 dollar anti.
harmless game for fun
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

Note: This thread is 6062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!