Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phillyk

Golfing with vertigo

3 posts in this topic

Hey all!

Well, I somehow developed vertigo recently and it got to a minor stage today where I can walk around for a couple minutes without falling over.  So, I decided to play some golf, since I've been in serious need of it the last 2 weeks or so.  Obviously, I played with a driving cart today, because I'm not walking too far with this condition.

But the game was decent.  Still managed to shoot a 73 from the whites (6300yds, 69.0). I knew going into it, that putting would be the biggest challenge. And it was, I definitely couldn't read putts as well today or manage to get the right speeds because my balance is slightly off.  But the full swing was ok.  I felt loose, and as long as my hips didn't clear too quickly and I'm aimed up correctly, the ball flew well.  I hadn't played in a week or so.  So, I was happy with the results from today.  I can think of a few shots that might've been caused by unbalance. But it's hard to know the extent at which vertigo made a difference.

It could be argued that playing in my condition could be detrimental to my game, but today was about staying loose and having fun, which I did.

Any body else play with vertigo before?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

My wife has vertigo. She doesn't play. It has basically gone away. It was caused by her taking some meds that dried her out.

I've had a mild form before.  You could use your feet to read putts as with AimPoint.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades