IGNORED

2015 CIMB Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ryan Moore is trying to win the event for the 3rd time in a row. He shot -5, 67 today.

http://www.pgatour.com/the-upshot/2015/10/29/cimb-classic-round1-scott-piercy.html

Scott Piercy’s bogey-free 62 in the first round of the CIMB Classic was one shy of tying his career-best round in relation to par on the PGA TOUR. He fired an 11-under 61 in the third round of the 2011 Barracuda Championship, including an eagle on the final hole. He went on earn his first TOUR win that week.

There was one constant in those two low rounds: his putting was spot on. The three-time TOUR winner needed just 23 putts at Montreux Golf and Country Club in 2011. He had 25 putts Thursday at Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club.

“I've been struggling with the putter,” said Piercy, who needed 119 putts in his T25 finish at last week’s Shriners Hospital for Children Open. “I just focused on getting my speed right on the greens and my caddie gave me a few really good reads today.”

Piercy, a Las Vegas native, arrived in Malaysia down on himself after his tough week in front of his hometown crowd.

“I was really frustrated, especially being at home,” Piercy said. “I felt like I played the absolute worst I could have played and still finished top-25.“

Thursday was a much different story. Piercy was in good spirits after his round, even joking with the media when asked what his plan was for Friday’s second round.

“Well, can I shoot 62 tomorrow, too?” Piercy said.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought this Ernie Els yip was just a repost from a month ago, but this is another one.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I thought this Ernie Els yip was just a repost from a month ago, but this is another one.

Yikes. That is bad. He won the Open Championship and had great putting. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

John Peterson does a Happy Gilmore, in competition. Pro tip: TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME. The soundtrack to this is obnoxious.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Best shots compilation. How high did that Kevin Na shot go? Jeez Louise.

Steve

Note: This thread is 3097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!