IGNORED

What do you use your hybrid club for?

Note: This thread is 6014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What does everyone use their hybrid club for? I heard that many even use it for chipping....or other creative shots. Me...still trying to discover its use.

I had much luck already with my 19* TaylorMade Mid Hybrid. Hitting midstance...I hit it from the 185 sprinkler marker on the 1st cut of the rough onto the green and it stopped dead. Another shot....front-stance...it played 195 on a par 5 2nd shot.

I am hoping my newly purchased 16* will be a more boring trajectory when I have a tight tee shot...like a driving iron. And I might even leave my 3w home when I play in wet conditions this winter (where as some of you know...woods don't slide too well through wet turf).

What do you all use your hybrid club for?

General shots like 2nd shots on par-4's or long par-3's. I also use mine for chipping sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am hoping my newly purchased 16* will be a more boring trajectory when I have a tight tee shot...like a driving iron.

I primarily use my 17* for this and second shots on par 5's. Also, I use it to punch out from under trees after a wild drive

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

#2 will take me 220-240
#4 will take me 200-220

My #2 is similar to a driving iron; very low trajectory and when hit flush, will scream though anything.

My #4 is awesome out of fairway bunkers, rough, and is my all around long-length go-to club.

Chipping? Nah.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

I use my hybrids for tee shots on par 3s, second shots on par 4s, for a second shot to position the ball on short par 5s and, sometimes, if I practice a bit, for chipping. I have also used a lower lofted hybrid for bump and run shots. One of my favorite shots, which I can't always pull off, is a second shot on the par 4 second hole on my course. It is a dog leg left. If one hits the fairway just before the fairway turns left, one is in deep doo doo: lots of trees and about 150 yards to the green. The only way to the green from there, is to hit a low draw around the trees and under their branches. I generally take an 18 degree hybrid, place the ball well back in my stance and stand a little farther back from the ball than usual. I take the club back only to waist level and finish at waist level. If all goes according to plans, the ball soars a few feet off the ground, draws around the trees, hits the ground a few feet in front of the green and rolls on up to the applause of an admiring crowd. Acknowledging their accolades, I humbly credit my versatile, magnificent hybrids, without which I would just be an average hack slashing my way pitiably around 18 holes; with my mighty weapons, I am a pitiable hack who can pull off an impressive shot such as the one just described from time to time. I guess you could say I'm a fan of hybrids.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Still learning it uses. Mostly for second shot on par 5 or long par 4. Still working on it for long par 3?

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

I find a great spot to use my 17* is over 150 out in sand divots it launches it flat but spins a lot and holds greens well
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I use mine for long 2nd shots from the rough, trouble spots from the fairway (divots or severly uneven lies), when I want to land it soft (minimize roll), or long chips from greenside.
In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

I use it to beat..... oh in the course?? I use it for third shot for long par 5's, second for long par 4's, and off the tee for long 3's.

Driver: Sasquatch Sumo - UST Proforce V2
18* Hybrid: G10 - UST V2 High Launch
22* Hybrid: Hi-Bore XL
Irons (4-PW): Fusion
56*: CG1460*: Vokey 260Putter: Studio Design #5Ball: Soft Feel

Note: This thread is 6014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!