IGNORED

Shoe Types

Crafty
Note: This thread is 5897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What type of shoes do you wear?

• Athletic
    • Performance
    • Saddle
    • Anything
    • They make golf shoes!?

I was just wondering what type of shoes you guys like to wear on the course. I have a pair of Footjoy Athletic Shoes that I got for cheap, and a pair of black Footjoy saddle shoes.

What is your preference? Why?

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I voted anything, I don't have to have a specific style, they just need to be appealing to me, fit, and be comfortable for walking, as I am not old enough to drive the cart by my self.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Right now I only have 2 pairs...

Brown croc on Brown Dry Joy
Brown on White saddle Gel Fusion

I don't skimp on shoes and have always enjoyed Footjoy. I like the classic styles better than the new funky athletic look that is popular. Next up will have to be all black.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I own performance, athletic, and saddle. Which shoe I wear depends on the clothes I am wearing, i.e. shorts, pants, etc. I will say that the right performance shoe will go well with any clothes. I will also say that I refuse to wear the golf sandals! I know some guys love them but golf and sandals?... just my personal preference.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

I usually buy last years models at the begining of the year. What ever is the cheapest.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

I have 3 pairs at the moment -

black aqualites
white and black dryjoy pros
white Adidas tour 360's

I choose "athletic" because you're on your feet for 5+ hours (range, putting green, 18 holes) - maybe longer. You're walking most of the time so you have to be comfortable.

Someone once told me - you spend most or your life either (a) in bed and (b) on your feet. So your bed/matress and shoes should reflect this. Get a good quality shoe that will last. I play 3/4 times a week and practice 2/3 other times so i can justify spending money on them.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I've got black and white saddle shoes. Dunlop I believe. I bought them about 5 years ago. How often do you guys buy new shoes? I was thinking about getting sandels but I wasn't sure if I'd like them. Something about playing in the early morning with the dew still on the ground and sandels just doesn't fit my style.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

I like my SP-6 II's. Very comfy and they come in wide for my big Flintstone feet.

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

I started off with the Nike SP-8's, which are fantastic, but the spikes are the worst of any golf shoe out there IMHO. I then went to the FJ Dryjoy's which have incredible spikes, but fit a bit wide on my feet. I have just purchased the Addidas Powerband's which fit my foot perfectly and have a great spike. The spike is maybe not as perfect as the Footjoy's IMHO, but light years better than the Nike spikes. :)

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Yeah, that was one thing I forgot to mention in my prior post. I put a set of Pulsars in mine shortly after getting them. I had heard people complaining about the stock spikes but with spikes only being around $10 a set, wasn't a huge factor in my decision to buy them.

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

I started out with a pair of footjoy premeirs and honestly did not enjoy them that much even though I still have them, and now I have a pair of Callaways that I love, Key for me is look and waterproofing because I hate my feet getting wet.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought the Adidas Tour 360's and am happy with the comfort of these shoes, for 250 they should be good though, right. Before these I just wore regular tennis shoes on the course and now that I have these I wish I hadnt waited so long.

Oh yea, I have them in classic White. Goes with nearly everything.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Nike Air (athletic). I like to walk my rounds and I want my shoes to feel as comfortable as my running shoes....and they do.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I just got them this weekend, but I think I'm in love with my new Etonic G-Sok XCRs:

Athletic, spikeless, and PLENTY of bite.

I'm lazy and hate changing shoes when I get to the range/course and again when I leave. Hopefully the goodyear rubber won't wear too quickly...

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Two years ago I got a pair of Callaway Saddle style shoes that I have been wearing ever since. They are extreemly comfortable to walk a course and they are still waterproof for thoes morning, dewy rounds. I also like the combination of white and tan leather, stylin! This past weekend though I went out and bought the Callaway X- Series Chev-I shoe, which is more like a combination of sport and saddle. They feel great, I just cant wait to get them on the course.

i wear saddle shoes, its really just the way i was brought up in the golf world. golf is a gentleman's game, and proper ettiquite and attire is required. if i'm dressed up in a golf shirt and a nice pair of either golf shorts or slacks, you need a shoe to complete the look. i right now have foot joy gel fusions, but am looking for a new pair very soon.
What's In My Bag?

Driver: R9 460 TP 9.5* w/ Motore F1 75g S
Wood:Exotics XCG-V 16.5*
Hybrids: 3DX Ironwood 3 and 4Irons:695.MBWedges:Stripped Spin Milled Custom C Grind (52*,56*,60*)Putter: Black Series i #9 32" w/ white Iomic gripBall:ProV1Shoes: Foot Joy DryJoysGrips: Lamkin Crossline...

Note: This thread is 5897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!