or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Features you'd like to see in future "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" video games
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Features you'd like to see in future "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" video games

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 

So the new Tiger Woods game has come out and I have to say, it is pretty solid.  The game play seems good,  I personally love features like Game Face, and there is a lot of great equipment to choose from.  On top of that, the career mode in the game, "Road to the Masters" is pretty good.  You start out on the Am Tour, move up to the Nationwide after a win or a couple of high finishes, then to Q school and finally the PGA tour, which is complete with rankings and FedEx cup points.  Like I said, a solid game.

 

However, with all of that being said, the game does leave me wanting some things, so I guess you could call this my feature request for next years game.

 

  • Find a way to get Titleist on board... they are the "#1 ball in golf" as they like to say and they make some great equipment, and I'd like to play it.
  • When you choose what clubs you have in your bag and when you buy clubs, make "hybrids" its own category.  I recently passed the Mizuno Sponsor Challenge in the game and unlocked the MP woods and CLK hybrids, but I can't have both in my bag... why?
  • Allow you to choose different shafts for your woods and irons.  It is really cool to me that I can get the same driver in the game that I actually play (Mizuno MP630) and it was even cooler that I could get it with the same shaft (Fubuki), but when I choose to put a shaft in my clubs it goes for all of them...  It would be could if you could at least choose one shaft for your woods and one for your irons.

 

Those are the ones that I can think of just off the top of my head... as I play this years game more I'm sure that I'll think of others.

 

What all would you guys like to see in next years game?

post #2 of 37

I agree with you on the equipment thing, it has been like that ever since hybrids started becoming really popular and it's getting to the point where EA is really behind. 

 

  • I'd like to see the caddy system adjusted slightly,
  • The current year's equipment (though with them releasing the game earlier and earlier every year, that's becoming more an more of a stretch),
  • More courses included right out of the box,
  • Phil Mickelson in the game (I know, fat chance at that happening),
  • I wish the would bring back legends, like in '05. Playing against Hogan, Nicklaus, Palmer, and Seve never got old, and was always challenging.

 

That's it for now, but I'll probably think of more things later. In the end, Tiger '12 is already a pretty deep game, these more mostly just nitpicks. 

post #3 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I agree with you on the equipment thing, it has been like that ever since hybrids started becoming really popular and it's getting to the point where EA is really behind. 

 

  • I'd like to see the caddy system adjusted slightly,
  • The current year's equipment (though with them releasing the game earlier and earlier every year, that's becoming more an more of a stretch),
  • More courses included right out of the box,
  • Phil Mickelson in the game (I know, fat chance at that happening),
  • I wish the would bring back legends, like in '05. Playing against Hogan, Nicklaus, Palmer, and Seve never got old, and was always challenging.

 

That's it for now, but I'll probably think of more things later. In the end, Tiger '12 is already a pretty deep game, these more mostly just nitpicks. 


Yeah, the caddy system is going to need some adjusting but considering this is the first year of it (I think, didn't have last years game) I'm sure it's going to get better.

 

As far as having current equipment, that is one that I forgot to mention... it be nice to get the R11 in the game instead of the R9... maybe that's something they could do as DLC.

 

Phil in the game would be nice as well, but like you said, fat chance.

 

post #4 of 37

I'd like to see them come out with the game play in this version:    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/267340/turkey-day-with-tiger

post #5 of 37

It seems the hybrids would be an easy change to make.  I'm surprised they aren't there.

 

Also, a 4-wood.  Seriously, I can't set up my bag the way I want.  I've felt for quite some time that Driver, 4-Wood, 3-9, 4 wedges is a good combination for a long hitter.  Since I'm not one, I figured I'd love to try it in the game.  

post #6 of 37

When you angle the player differently to change your aim direction, actually make the player move (i.e feet have to adjust and all) rather than the player just spinning on the ground.

post #7 of 37
  • Seperating hybrids into its own category, as people have already mentioned.
  • Being able re-shaft irons/woods/hybrids/wedges seperately, as already mentioned. I hate putting with a graphite driver shaft just because I tweaked it for my driver.
  • More pro golfers, whether out of the box, unlockable or DLC - in last year's version there weren't enough golfers to properly make up the European or US teams for the Ryder Cup, same again this time for the President's Cup. If you're going to put in that feature, at least include enough European golfers to make up a European team, and the same with the US. I'd love to see the likes of Els, Donald, Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, or god forbid, the world number 1 & 2, Kaymer & Westwood. Having Danny Lee and Rocco Mediate, Boo Weekley - these guys are nowhere in the world rankings, who wants to play with them? Just load it with as many top 20/top 50 players as possible and its surely a better lure and marketing strategy. Getting the Molinaris, Rickie Fowler & Bubba this year is a good start - now drop the average guys and get in some more front-runners.
  • I'd like to see a build-your-own-swing feature (this was in the game until about 2007 I think) so if I create myself I can make my own swing. Other than Tiger they all have either a stock, dull swing or a crazy, zany one which EA are obsessed with where you drive one-handed or do a Happy Gilmore or something. If you're going to put those 'joke' things in, at least give some realistic alternatives too.
  • I'd love to see 'spin' come back as a stat - some players generate more than others, I know I get a lot more with my wedges than my playing buddies, which makes my short game pretty decent. But if I hit a 4 iron in at a green I can't stop the ball dead and spin it back 6 feet, it's just not possible unless you hit it up into the gods.
  • Last but not least (I know this won't happen because of the processing limitations of the PS3/360, and definitely the Wii), can you imagine a create-your-own-course feature? Even if this was a DLC thing, creating your home track, or a course not in the game, would be fantastic. And I don't mean, pick Hole 1 @ Pebble, Hole 2 @ St. Andrews etc, but actually placing a bunker here or there, a stream here or there. I understand this is also a licensing thing but they wouldn't be official versions and as it couldn't be laser tracked they wouldn't necessarily be close enough to the real thing to cause legal problems. I'd love the idea of duelling it out down the 18th on my home course against Tiger and Rory in a play-off. Sigh.

 

post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennay92 View Post

When you angle the player differently to change your aim direction, actually make the player move (i.e feet have to adjust and all) rather than the player just spinning on the ground.



Or maybe actually being able to move on the tee box.  We suggest things like this all the time based on predominant shot shape in real life. 

post #9 of 37

-Change the degree of your driver (If you can I don't know how yet)

 

-Actually have the kinds of Irons you play make a difference.  Cavity backs have a larger sweet spot but don't have as much fade or draw. Blades mishit if you don't have a good swing.....things like that.

 

 

post #10 of 37

- Do away with turbo for online period so it evens out the playing field a little

- Have the option to disable the caddy entirely 

- Get rid of the loading between every hole... If John Daly's prostroke golf doesn't have loading between holes why does tiger woods

 

 

The biggest complaint I have is why is there more courses as DLC than there is on the disc the day the game comes out. They want to make a buck which I get but don't try to include DLC's in the PGA tour season so people feel like they have to buy them to get the full experience. It would cost $100 to buy the game and DL every course that's a little ridiculous. Now with all this being said I do understand it's all optional and that microsoft would not like if the PS3 had more courses because of bigger disc capacity. I just think EA with charging to go online if you don't buy the game new and having so many DL's is just a bit over the top considering no one else does it.

post #11 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonrock View Post

  • Seperating hybrids into its own category, as people have already mentioned.
  • Being able re-shaft irons/woods/hybrids/wedges seperately, as already mentioned. I hate putting with a graphite driver shaft just because I tweaked it for my driver.
  • More pro golfers, whether out of the box, unlockable or DLC - in last year's version there weren't enough golfers to properly make up the European or US teams for the Ryder Cup, same again this time for the President's Cup. If you're going to put in that feature, at least include enough European golfers to make up a European team, and the same with the US. I'd love to see the likes of Els, Donald, Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, or god forbid, the world number 1 & 2, Kaymer & Westwood. Having Danny Lee and Rocco Mediate, Boo Weekley - these guys are nowhere in the world rankings, who wants to play with them? Just load it with as many top 20/top 50 players as possible and its surely a better lure and marketing strategy. Getting the Molinaris, Rickie Fowler & Bubba this year is a good start - now drop the average guys and get in some more front-runners.
  • I'd like to see a build-your-own-swing feature (this was in the game until about 2007 I think) so if I create myself I can make my own swing. Other than Tiger they all have either a stock, dull swing or a crazy, zany one which EA are obsessed with where you drive one-handed or do a Happy Gilmore or something. If you're going to put those 'joke' things in, at least give some realistic alternatives too.
  • I'd love to see 'spin' come back as a stat - some players generate more than others, I know I get a lot more with my wedges than my playing buddies, which makes my short game pretty decent. But if I hit a 4 iron in at a green I can't stop the ball dead and spin it back 6 feet, it's just not possible unless you hit it up into the gods.
  • Last but not least (I know this won't happen because of the processing limitations of the PS3/360, and definitely the Wii), can you imagine a create-your-own-course feature? Even if this was a DLC thing, creating your home track, or a course not in the game, would be fantastic. And I don't mean, pick Hole 1 @ Pebble, Hole 2 @ St. Andrews etc, but actually placing a bunker here or there, a stream here or there. I understand this is also a licensing thing but they wouldn't be official versions and as it couldn't be laser tracked they wouldn't necessarily be close enough to the real thing to cause legal problems. I'd love the idea of duelling it out down the 18th on my home course against Tiger and Rory in a play-off. Sigh.

 


These are all great ones, especially the create your own swing one. I used to love that about Tiger '05. '05 also had Tiger Proofing, which was almost like creating your own courses, but you could only really change the grass height, fairway width, green size, stuff like that. 

 

post #12 of 37
Thread Starter 

A lot of great suggestions here... I especially like the one to create your own course, but I don't see it happening.  Even if by chance it did, it probably wouldn't live up to expectations.  I agree that they need more European and other international players if they are going to include the Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup.

 

I also like the suggestion of the player actually moving their feet when you re-angle them and being able to select your spot on the tee box.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck81 View Post

-Change the degree of your driver (If you can I don't know how yet)


I'm pretty sure that you can... I think it's in the section where you pick what clubs are in your bag or in the club tuner... I'm not positive but I think I remember seeing it in an earlier version.

post #13 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

A lot of great suggestions here... I especially like the one to create your own course, but I don't see it happening.  Even if by chance it did, it probably wouldn't live up to expectations.  I agree that they need more European and other international players if they are going to include the Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup.

 

I also like the suggestion of the player actually moving their feet when you re-angle them and being able to select your spot on the tee box.

 


I'm pretty sure that you can... I think it's in the section where you pick what clubs are in your bag or in the club tuner... I'm not positive but I think I remember seeing it in an earlier version.


Correcto

 

post #14 of 37

I haven't bought a Tiger Wodds game since the '08 version. What I would like to see introduced though is the European Tour/Asian Tour etc to the game. You could then decide what tour to play on or have a mixed schedule... Would probably be a bit too difficult to do at the moment though. I'll give it 10 years  b2_tongue.gif   

 

I would also like to see the game become way less forgiving. Far too easy to break 60 consistently at the moment.  

post #15 of 37


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post


 


I'm pretty sure that you can... I think it's in the section where you pick what clubs are in your bag or in the club tuner... I'm not positive but I think I remember seeing it in an earlier version.



Thanks I'll take a look

post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post
I would also like to see the game become way less forgiving. Far too easy to break 60 consistently at the moment.  


 

Play the PSP version.  A friend of mine has been doing so for a few years and is still an 8-handicap on the game.

post #17 of 37

They need something where your wife gets on your cell phone, finds your text messages to skanks, and then tries to hit you with a 9-iron. If you can make it out of the driveway without being hit or wrecking your car, you win the game and it unlocks a secret mode where you can play as Bobby Jones with hickory-shafted clubs.

post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiolefty View Post

They need something where your wife gets on your cell phone, finds your text messages to skanks, and then tries to hit you with a 9-iron. If you can make it out of the driveway without being hit or wrecking your car, you win the game and it unlocks a secret mode where you can play as Bobby Jones with hickory-shafted clubs.



cant imagine where you got the idea from 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Features you'd like to see in future "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" video games