or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

post #1 of 946
Thread Starter 

I've recently posted in a few threads mentioning I hit some 300+ yard drives. Even a 326 yarder measured with my gps. I've only been playing for 10 weeks and have a 27 handicap. I've been called a few names and would like to continue any conversations/debates with doubters or believers in this thread, instead of continuing in the other ones.

 

Any input good or bad is very welcome. Cheers c2_beer.gif

post #2 of 946

I don't know.  Driving 300 is not outrageously difficult in my opinion and it does not automatically make you a good golfer.  I see no problem with it.

 

There are lots of cynical people on this forum who are just miserable in general.  Get used to it.

post #3 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice View Post

I've recently posted in a few threads mentioning I hit some 300+ yard drives. Even a 326 yarder measured with my gps. I've only been playing for 10 weeks and have a 27 handicap. I've been called a few names and would like to continue any conversations/debates with doubters or believers in this thread, instead of continuing in the other ones.

 

Any input good or bad is very welcome. Cheers c2_beer.gif

Honestly no one really cares.

post #4 of 946

z6_surrender.gif   On this subject

post #5 of 946

...and you probably shouldn't really care if we believe you.

post #6 of 946
You want to shut people up? Post a good video clip of your swing for all to see.

But I'm with 3wiggle on this one.
post #7 of 946
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle View Post

Honestly no one really cares.

I care about it slightly. I just started golfing, and enjoy it tremendously. I'm also very proud of my achievements and enjoy sharing them with people on the forum and my personal friends. It's also something I naturally react to if someone doubts me, and think it's slightly interesting to debate it here. I could be wrong haha. I just didn't want to keep bogging down those other posts.

post #8 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle View Post

...and you probably shouldn't really care if we believe you.

I think his point is less about people believing him, and more of a concern that so many people on here feel the need to be so rude.

 

Most of the keyboard warriors on here would never talk to you the same way in real life.  They have miserable lives and feel the need to take out their frustration on internet strangers.  It's pathetic.  I'm with OP on this one.

post #9 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Trap View Post

I think his point is less about people believing him, and more of a concern that so many people on here feel the need to be so rude.

 

Most of the keyboard warriors on here would never talk to you the same way in real life.  They have miserable lives and feel the need to take out their frustration on internet strangers.  It's pathetic.  I'm with OP on this one.

There are only a few on here that I consider to be rude.  And Erik does a good job of getting rid of them quickly.

post #10 of 946

This is why:

http://www.golf.com/instruction/quest-300?page=1

 

I sometimes get confused around here for somebody who thinks that *nobody* can hit it 300 but that simply isn't true.  I know many of the low single digit and plus cappers can.  I highly doubt a high handicapper can do it.  My reasoning is . . you need a very high swing speed *as well as* great mechanics to hit it 300 (like carry 290 . .I'm not talking about a long roll down a hard fairway). 

 

If you have these great mechanics and you're driving 300 then there is no way you can be a 20 handicap.  On most par4's you're landing the bal 20 yards from the green and you have 3 chances from there for par.  You could be the worst putter in the world and still be a high single digit. 

post #11 of 946

I'm one who typically stands up for people who refer to long drives. I play with plenty of people who would apparently be see as godlike by many of the tall walking short knockers who love to brag about how the longest hitters they know all hit sub 280 drives. BUT, when someone says they routinely drive the ball 300, they probably should not post a video of driving the ball <275 as evidence. 300 is much farther than 270. It just is. That's all I was saying.

post #12 of 946

Lots of young, in shape, flexible people can hit drives over 300 yds.     Very VERY few can control drives over 300 yards.      Did I say very few ... golf isn't all about distance.

post #13 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Trap View Post

I think his point is less about people believing him, and more of a concern that so many people on here feel the need to be so rude.

 

Most of the keyboard warriors on here would never talk to you the same way in real life.  They have miserable lives and feel the need to take out their frustration on internet strangers.  It's pathetic.  I'm with OP on this one.

 You mean most of them in real life probably wounldn't lump them all together and tell people that they otherwise know nothing about that they live miserable lives?   That kind of thing?

post #14 of 946

As mentioned it really doesn't matter. If you hit the ball a mile and can't capitilize on that your entire game needs work. There's more to golf than booming it off the tee. I hit my 4i longer than most men hit their 3w and I get beat by women that hit their driver 120y. I've got nothing to brag about.

post #15 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice View Post

I care about it slightly. I just started golfing, and enjoy it tremendously. I'm also very proud of my achievements and enjoy sharing them with people on the forum and my personal friends. It's also something I naturally react to if someone doubts me, and think it's slightly interesting to debate it here. I could be wrong haha. I just didn't want to keep bogging down those other posts.

You shouldnt care at all what people think of you. Just continue to get better and maybe one day you will take some $$$ from someone on these forums. That would be the best payback.

post #16 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post

 You mean most of them in real life probably wounldn't lump them all together and tell people that they otherwise know nothing about that they live miserable lives?   That kind of thing?

If someone in real life talked to me like you think you should on the internet, I would certainly tell you how much of a miserable person you are to your face.  I have never said anything on here that I would not say in person.  Nice try.

post #17 of 946

I am what you guys consider "young and strong" with a fast club speed.  On the range I can hit the balls between 275-300 yards no problem depending on how fast I am swinging and how good of contact I am making.

 

This does not make me good at golf.  I am not consistent enough with my drives either.  When I play on the course my drives tend to be around 250 because I am swinging more conservative.  

 

I shoot in the low 90s, so obviously being able to drive more than 200 yards is nothing to brag about.

post #18 of 946

I used to play in the oldsmobile scramble back in the 1990s when Oldsmobile was still a car....LOL  Teams had handicap limits so you couldn't load up with low HC players. Anyway....this was back in the mid-late '90s and one of my teammates was a 20+ hc player who hit it 300+ consistently back when hitting it 300yds was still considered a big deal. 

 

Now days, it's not a big deal......especially in Vegas where the ball goes for 10 miles!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?