or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Low bullets with the driver
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Low bullets with the driver

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hello,
I am currently struggling with getting height on my shots, my drives go far but are very low and most yardage is from roll. I still have slice problems and it's usually a push slice. However when I hit it straight it doesn't fly... Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
post #2 of 21

You have any videos of your swing you could post?

post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
I don't sorry... I understand it's easier to see my swing but could you give general advice about what causes low bullets with driver? I'll try to post a video when I can
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
I have swings posted but they are about a year old
post #5 of 21

If i told you that such shots were directly caused by hitting the ball on the very lowest part of the clubface, would that info help you?  Most instruction tells us to hit the driver off the top half of the clubface. How would you correct your delivery? 

post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchichioco View Post

Hello,
I am currently struggling with getting height on my shots, my drives go far but are very low and most yardage is from roll. I still have slice problems and it's usually a push slice. However when I hit it straight it doesn't fly... Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Low and far? That's kind of ideal. I hit high and short.
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Well low like it only carries 150 and low like maybe 10 feet off the ground. On a flat easy course it's okay, but I'm trying to play hillier courses and an uphill hole low won't cut it
post #8 of 21

Is the ball teed up near your left foot?  You'll want to catch it on the upswing.

post #9 of 21

What loft driver are you using? Tee placement in your stance?

post #10 of 21

Also the height of the tee.

post #11 of 21
Far and low drives hmmm what's wrong with that?
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
10.5 and I set my ball off the inside of my left foot... But to be honest except for my short irons I hit everything low. I know for my drve low and far sounds good but some courses my school varsity team plays are hilly and a low drive will go into the hill and it won't be good.... Yea I can shoot mid 80s consistently with it but on flatter courses. I know that if I want to shoot mid 80s on tougher courses I need a drive that goes a bit higher..
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
I have a feeling it has something to do withy reverse pivot, does the reverse pivot have anything to do with it
post #14 of 21

Have you tried holding a banana between your knees while you practice swing?

post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
I haven't, what will that teach me to do
post #16 of 21

Yeah, i'm waiting for the banana answer too. 

post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 

Have you tried holding a banana between your knees while you practice swing?

 

 

lmfao

 

Where are you hitting it on the face of the driver I"m guessing really low ?  Maybe a little more axis tilt at setup and feel like your chest is more over your right leg.  Hey maybe you need to move your change from your left pocket to your right and turn your hat around backwards who knows.

post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchichioco View Post

Hello,
I am currently struggling with getting height on my shots, my drives go far but are very low and most yardage is from roll. I still have slice problems and it's usually a push slice. However when I hit it straight it doesn't fly... Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchichioco View Post

10.5 and I set my ball off the inside of my left foot... But to be honest except for my short irons I hit everything low. I know for my drve low and far sounds good but some courses my school varsity team plays are hilly and a low drive will go into the hill and it won't be good.... Yea I can shoot mid 80s consistently with it but on flatter courses. I know that if I want to shoot mid 80s on tougher courses I need a drive that goes a bit higher..

 

 

Your probably hitting everything on the bottom half of your driver. Which makes sense if your suffering from a reverse C, upper half of your body shifting away from the target.

 

Try this, Preset more weight forward, meaning shift your hips toward the target at address. Don't let your head move forward, you do want that slightly behind the ball so you can hit up on the ball. Swing by rotating your hips around your body, trying to keep your weight forward and your head steady. If your body is moving right, your no rotating your hips enough compared to your shoulders. Once you start moving your head, things go bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Low bullets with the driver