or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Ping dampening shafts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ping dampening shafts

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

For those of you that carry Ping irons in the bag do you have the dampening system in in your shafts. I guess it is an extra $5 per shaft.

post #2 of 16
I don't think I do. What's it supposed to do?
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTurkey View Post
 

For those of you that carry Ping irons in the bag do you have the dampening system in in your shafts. I guess it is an extra $5 per shaft.

 

No never have

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I don't think I do. What's it supposed to do?

 

According to PING

 

post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

No never have

 

 

 

What ping irons are you gaming?

post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

What ping irons are you gaming?

 

S55's and i25's currently but in all the PING irons I've had I've never had the cushion inserts put in. Some guys like them.

post #6 of 16
I was not even aware of this option until now.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I was not even aware of this option until now.

 

Ping has had the option for a long time...;-)

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post

Ping has had the option for a long time...a2_wink.gif

I am sure. I just don't pay much attention to these things. :D
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

Ping has had the option for a long time...;-)


I heard some guys talking about buying them and installing them in their shafts but I didn't know it had anything to do with Ping.

 

I suppose you could install them on any iron whether it was a Ping or not?

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post


I am sure. I just don't pay much attention to these things. :D

 

I think it use to be more popular, PING doesn't promote as much either.

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 


I heard some guys talking about buying them and installing them in their shafts but I didn't know it had anything to do with Ping.

 

I suppose you could install them on any iron whether it was a Ping or not?

You sure can. Of course, it doesn't have to be Ping's proprietary system either - Sensicore has been around for even longer. Surprised nobody has heard of either...

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack#.

post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemicu View Post

You sure can. Of course, it doesn't have to be Ping's proprietary system either - Sensicore has been around for even longer. Surprised nobody has heard of either...
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack#.

That conversation I heard between the guys that were installing them may have been about the Sensicore (and probably was).

I didn't hear them mention the name.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemicu View Post
 

You sure can. Of course, it doesn't have to be Ping's proprietary system either - Sensicore has been around for even longer. Surprised nobody has heard of either...

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack#.

 

 

I had the sensicore in my old TM rifle shafts from way back when..

post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post


I had the sensicore in my old TM rifle shafts from way back when..
Did you feel like it did anything?
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


Did you feel like it did anything?

 

 

Yep, it dampened the vibration/shock from smacking the mat to hard..lol Seriously, on off hits it did help. Funny thing was, I didn't order the sensicore, just came with my set of clubs.

post #16 of 16

Shock dampeners first became popular among senior golfers. Now, many seniors use graphite shafts in their irons and wedges, which makes Cushin and Sensicore inserts less necessary.

 

Also, some people who build their own clubs use strands of insulation as homemade Sensicore. Rumors persist, however, about Sensicore or the insulation strands causing rusting within shafts, as they absorb moisture.

 

Here's a thread from last year on "homemade" Sensicore, including a suggested "no rust" solution:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67937/anyone-make-their-own-sensicore-inserts

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Ping dampening shafts