or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Rules of Golf › what if an animal puts your golf ball into the hole?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what if an animal puts your golf ball into the hole?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I suppose the ball has to be placed back where it came from?

 

the so-called Putt is re-played, without penalty ?

post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by late347 View Post
 

I suppose the ball has to be placed back where it came from?

 

the so-called Putt is re-played, without penalty ?

 

18-1. By Outside Agency

 

If a ball at rest is moved by an outside agency, there is no penalty and the ball must be replaced.

post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by late347 View Post
 

I suppose the ball has to be placed back where it came from?

 

the so-called Putt is re-played, without penalty ?

 

Are you saying that it happens while the ball is rolling after a stroke, or that the animal moves your ball when it's at rest?  The answer is slightly different depending on the situation.  

 

If the ball is at rest, then moved by the animal, it must be replaced (Rule 18-1).  

 

If the ball is in motion after a stroke, then the stroke is cancelled and the ball must again be replaced and the stroke replayed (Rule 19-1).

post #4 of 12

If an animal put the ball in the hole?

 

I'd buy him a set of clubs. 

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
 

 

Are you saying that it happens while the ball is rolling after a stroke, or that the animal moves your ball when it's at rest?  The answer is slightly different depending on the situation.  

 

If the ball is at rest, then moved by the animal, it must be replaced (Rule 18-1).  

 

If the ball is in motion after a stroke, then the stroke is cancelled and the ball must again be replaced and the stroke replayed (Rule 19-1).


what if I make a putt, and the ball stops near the lip of the hole.

 

I'm walking towards the ball to count the 10 seconds.

 

But a squirrel putts the ball into the hole, as Im still walking towards the hole, prepared to count the 10 seconds.

 

I suppose the putt must be re-taken?

 

:blink:

post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by late347 View Post
 


what if I make a putt, and the ball stops near the lip of the hole.

 

I'm walking towards the ball to count the 10 seconds.

 

But a squirrel putts the ball into the hole, as Im still walking towards the hole, prepared to count the 10 seconds.

 

I suppose the putt must be re-taken?

 

:blink:

 

Correct.

 

Once again....

 

 

18-1. By Outside Agency

 

If a ball at rest is moved by an outside agency, there is no penalty and the ball must be replaced.

post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by late347 View Post
 

 

But a squirrel putts the ball into the hole, as Im still walking towards the hole, prepared to count the 10 seconds.

 

 

:blink:

 

I'm a rules stickler, but if the squirrel PUTTS the ball into the hole, I'm inclined to let it count. :)

post #8 of 12

What if it is a fellow competitor, partner or opponent or their caddie? 

When I was at school, they were classified as animals. 

post #9 of 12

There was a hole in one on a par 4 on the tour when it hit off a competitor's putter and went in.  It counted.

 

Here is video of it.  It's #3 in this top 10 lucky bounces list.

 

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by late347 View Post

 

what if I make a putt, and the ball stops near the lip of the hole.

 

I'm walking towards the ball to count the 10 seconds.

 

But a squirrel putts the ball into the hole, as Im still walking towards the hole, prepared to count the 10 seconds.

 

I suppose the putt must be re-taken?

 

:blink:

If the ball stopped, wouldn't it be at rest? I believe that you'd just place it back by the lip of the hole in this case.

post #11 of 12

Most of my partners and fellow competitors are animals.

post #12 of 12

This is hilarious because I remember there was a course here in Columbus called the "airport course" b/c it was literally right at the runway of Port Columbus International Airport.  They had such an issue with groundhogs and people witnessed them taking balls that landed near their gigantic burrows. If your from the Columbus area you know the course I'm talking about

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rules of Golf
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Rules of Golf › what if an animal puts your golf ball into the hole?