IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...go into Resources, and edit "style.css" yourself...

I played with this a while back.

http://www.brandonhartman.com/webscorestest/

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happen to the request for beta testers in the other thread?

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
What happen to the request for beta testers in the other thread?

I'm not sure what you mean... the beta test period is over and as soon as the Windows version is done (it's several days behind schedule at this point), we'll be releasing 2.0. Could be an hour from now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Scorecard 2.0 is Now Available

If you purchased Scorecard 1.x in 2009, your upgrade is free. If you purchased Scorecard 1.x any time before 2009, your upgrade is $14.95. Both upgrades are handled within the application - just download it, launch it, and you'll see.

If you're new to Scorecard, download the demo and see the first page of this thread for a coupon that will save you 20%.

http://cynicalpeak.com/scorecard/

Scorecard 2.0 adds the most-requested features:
  • Nine-Hole Support
  • Graphing of Statistics
  • Statistical Markers
  • Per-Hole Notes

Scorecard costs $29.95, but again, save yourself 20%.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Two Questions:

1) Does this Program have some kind of export feature? Like if i ever abandon the software, is there a way to save all the rounds i hacked into the programm or will they be completely lost?

2) Does the software support Stableford? Because this is the standard around here for players above a 20 handicap (me....for a long time to come )

Thanks

• Administrator

Before I answer your questions, please note that we have a demo available. Download it and give it a try - both of these questions could have been answered.

Does this Program have some kind of export feature? Like if i ever abandon the software, is there a way to save all the rounds i hacked into the programm or will they be completely lost?

Yep. We export as XML. It's right there in the File menu on the Mac (and, I believe, in the same exact place on Windows). The demo will let you do it too.

Does the software support Stableford? Because this is the standard around here for players above a 20 handicap (me....for a long time to come

This is about the fourth time someone's mentioned this, and to be honest, I've never understood why you'd want it. I know what Stableford scoring is, and it seems somewhat popular, but why would you want Scorecard to track Stableford points? They're the same as the scores - a birdie is still -1 just as Stableford is still 2 points (or whatever point system you use), a par is still even or +1 point... etc.

If you use Stableford for betting, please continue to do so, but I think the game of golf is played against par, not a points system, and until someone can give me a good reason why we should include Stableford scoring and how it is worth keeping as a "stat" (a calculated one), I don't know that we'll add it. Quite frankly, and it's not a promise, the bar for showing Stableford points is pretty low. It'd probably be easy to add. But why should we take the three hours or whatever it might take to add them? P.S. You use your course handicap and thus use net scores for Stableford over there, right?

I recently played at a course with 14 holes. Weird, but i guess thats all they could fit. Anyway, could i put only 14 in, or do should i just use the first 9? I'm guessing 9 bu i didnt design the software.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
I recently played at a course with 14 holes. Weird, but i guess thats all they could fit. Anyway, could i put only 14 in, or do should i just use the first 9? I'm guessing 9 bu i didnt design the software.

I don't know. Ask them? I'm not sure what you do with 14 holes. Pick your best nine?

Pick your best 4 and then duplicate those for holes 15-18? Heh. Ask them how they handle handicapping. Then do that...?

thanks, will do

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thanks for the Answer, Erik.

I don't care so much about the Stableford system itself. The point is, that the official german HCP is calculated using the Stableford points system.

So the real question is: Does Scorecard support the HCP System of other countries, germany in particular? A HCP tracker I use must have this feature, for it's worthless for me, to know my official U.S. HCP

Scorecard 2.0 is Now Available

I purchased Sorecard on 5-6-09 and never got the upgrade e-mail and my old Lic file is not working.

Chuck Sinclair

Chuck

• Administrator
I purchased Sorecard on 5-6-09 and never got the upgrade e-mail and my old Lic file is not working.

You don't get an email. When you launch Scorecard 2.0, you're given the option to upgrade for free (keep your 1.x license around for that part - that's where 2.0 gets the date).

BTW, the current released versions may say you have to pay an upgrade fee - ignore that, click on through, and the website you're taken to inside of the software should give you the proper information - that it's free, and that it will give you your license. There's a bug in the software that doesn't affect the web pages that actually handle the upgrades.

This is about the fourth time someone's mentioned this, and to be honest, I've never understood why you'd want it. I know what Stableford scoring is, and it seems somewhat popular, but why would you want Scorecard to track Stableford points? They're the same as the scores - a birdie is still -1 just as Stableford is still 2 points (or whatever point system you use), a par is still even or +1 point... etc.

Hi Erik,

I hope I can shed some light on the Stableford issue as we use it here in Denmark as well for almost all rounds/tournaments/handicap calculation. All member countries of the European Golf Association do so as well and I think you might substantially increase the audience for your app by including the feature -- not bad for three hours of work. You can find more info here: http://www.ega-golf.ch/030000/030100.asp From what I can tell there are 3 main systems for calculating handicaps - CONGU (UK & Ireland), USGA, and EGA. I've just downloaded Scorecard 2.0 + the iPhone app (was a beta tester of the 1.0 but really needed the 9 hole support) and here is how I would like to see the Stableford support work: For each hole in each round your allowed number of extra strokes according to your course handicap should be displayed. Both on the scorecards you print and the iPhone app. (Every scorecard here in DK has dedicated columns for both your allowed strokes on the hole and your stableford points earned as well as your gross score.) Then when you adjust your score for the hole your Stableford points earned should be calculated and displayed. Your course handicap (EGA Playing Handicap) should be calculated according to the following formua (which may be the same as USGA?) and distributed over the holes according to HCP :
None

You don't get an email. When you launch Scorecard 2.0, you're given the option to upgrade for free (keep your 1.x license around for that part - that's where 2.0 gets the date).

I have 2 installed and when i start it i'm not given the option to upgrade i just get the normal dialog box for BUY/TRY DEMO/ ENTER LIC

Chuck

• Administrator
I have 2 installed and when i start it i'm not given the option to upgrade i just get the normal dialog box for BUY/TRY DEMO/ ENTER LIC

Is your 1.0 license still installed on your system? We don't know you're eligible to upgrade if you don't have your 1.0 license.

Is your 1.0 license still installed on your system? We don't know you're eligible to upgrade if you don't have your 1.0 license.

Brad took care of it Thanks.

Chuck

• 5 weeks later...
Emailed support already, but has anyone got this to run on Windows 7 64 Bit OS? I'd like to eval, but get an error if I try to enter a new round.

Have already tried Win7's 'compatibility' mode (set to XPSp2) with no success.

In My Bag 2009;
DRIVER: SQ Sumo 5000 10.5°
WOODS: SQ2 15° 3 wood / Nike SQ2 21 #3H
IRONS: Victory Red Full Cavity 4-PW, 50° AW (Steel Shaft)
WEDGES: Victory Red Forged Wedge Black - 54°/12B and 58°/6BPUTTER: BC01 / Kia Ma Monte CarloBAG: Xtreme Sport II Stand/Carry BagSHOES:...

• 2 weeks later...
Just ran into this issue today:

I'm on a par 4 that has a split fairway, basically a grove of bushes/trees in the center of the fairway with rough. How do you guys mark your fairway shot if you hit it dead center but it ends up in the "center rough" in the Scorecard program?

I drove it straight, but ended up in rough so I just put an up arrow to indicate that even though I technically didn't hit the fairway, I hit it straight.

Just curious because I didn't actually hit the fairway.
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Note: This thread is 2007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!