IGNORED

Accuracy of aboutGolf 3Trak Simulators

RFKFREAK
Note: This thread is 1823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, one of the local driving ranges around here has a PGA simulator.  I rarely go to this range and hadn't noticed it before and asked the guy working the desk if it also had a driving range feature and he said it did and that it measured swing speed, launch angle, spinrate, etc.  I asked him how much it was and he said $32/hr prorated.  He was kind enough to let me try it out and I took a few swings and I've attached the results below.  I'm thinking of using it as a tool to improve my game but I'm wondering if it's spitting out true numbers.  I'm not the best at interpreting the numbers so I was hoping someone might be able to chime in and tell me based on these numbers whether or not the simulator likely provides accurate data or not.

Thanks!

IMG_20190420_164032 resized.jpg

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I doubt it's a "PGA" simulator. It appears it may be a 3Trak.

aacf92_3cdbe3eadc1647a997dfbf180a96991e%

With over 25 years in the industry, aboutGOLF continually invest in the user experience with a strong commitment to research and development, making it rival the outdoor game in every way possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Accuracy of aboutGolf 3Trak Simulators

Honestly @RFKFREAK, at this point you already have Game Golf so you should have a pretty good idea of what your distances and tendencies are. You already know what you need to work on in your swing. I don't see the spending $32/hr being worth it for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

I doubt it's a "PGA" simulator. It appears it may be a 3Trak.

aacf92_3cdbe3eadc1647a997dfbf180a96991e%

With over 25 years in the industry, aboutGOLF continually invest in the user experience with a strong commitment to research and development, making it rival the outdoor game in every way possible.

I guess I misinterpreted it and rather than being a PGA simulator it's a simulator that has PGA courses on it.

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Honestly @RFKFREAK, at this point you already have Game Golf so you should have a pretty good idea of what your distances and tendencies are. You already know what you need to work on in your swing. I don't see the spending $32/hr being worth it for you.

I hear ya, but if I use it like once a month for like 15 minutes it won't be a huge expense on a day it rains or what have you.  Beside, I figure it'd be good for my game to know my carry distances.

Christian

Yeah, well, it's your money, but how much do carry distances change over month?

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

23 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Yeah, well, it's your money, but how much do carry distances change over month?

My swing is utter crap so while I develop it, I imagine those distances could change.

Christian

We have 3 AG  3 trak sims/ launch monitors.  Numbers look correct.  Are u using the balls with the little black or green "dashes" all over them?  The machines can be set different ways for different players.  You might want to make sure u hit as" player one" ( which is default) unless they set you up on there and did nothing other than change player one to your name.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:09 AM, RFKFREAK said:

My swing is utter crap so while I develop it, I imagine those distances could change.

I know what you mean. But take ten shots and throw out the two shortest and two longest and do your average from there. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

4 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

I know what you mean. But take ten shots and throw out the two shortest and two longest and do your average from there. 

Which is kind of what I did in the above, haha. 

Christian

Unless you know 1) what the numbers mean and 2) how to effect change, I wouldn't pay 32/hr for it.  That said, I use a launch monitor to help reinforce my feels based upon the numbers I get.  I'm no swing guru, but it works for me, and I love being able to practice the full swing at home in my garage with data I can trust.

Edited by ncates00

35 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Unless you know 1) what the numbers mean and 2) how to effect change, I wouldn't pay 32/hr for it.  That said, I use a launch monitor to help reinforce my feels based upon the numbers I get.  I'm no swing guru, but it works for me, and I love being able to practice the full swing at home in my garage with data I can trust.

I'm pretty confident I know what the numbers mean and my Evolvr coach could probably help me effectuate the change if I were so inclined to change something.

I figure arming myself with the as much info as possible will help my game but, as I said, I don't know if these numbers are accurate or not and was hoping someone might be able to chime in whether they think it is or not.

Christian

Note: This thread is 1823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!