IGNORED

Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bought a box of 12 and played them, I must say I was not impressed, appeared to lack distance off the tee when struck well. Anyone else play this ball? Your thoughts / opinions?

I used to play them. I now play the Snell MTB Black. The TruSoft is bout the same off the tee as about any ball distance-wise. Short iron spin is where you see the difference supposedly. I actually hit shorter irons/wedges farther with the TruSoft as it does not spin as much and will carry farther on say a sand wedge than a ball designed to perform around the green.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a couple rounds with the Trusoft earlier this summer and really liked them.  I find them to be a very soft feeling ball and still have decent spin on full shots.  On partial shots, they are no different than any other distance ball.

I play the Velocity now because I feel it gives me a bit more distance while still having enough spin on full shots to hold the greens.  I also like that you can get them in orange.  With so many people playing Titleist balls, I find it easier to identify my ball when its not a white Titleist.

• iacas changed the title to Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Ball

I'm playing with these, but aside from range balls, I can't tell the difference between anything. Currently playing with 6i and shorter and these seem durable enough. The ball stops and sometimes comes back a bit on 8i and shorter. Since I don't drive, I have no opinion on distance.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I compared it with ProV1 before I changed it for the ProV1.
Off the tee it carries 10 yards less than the ProV1, but rolls more depending on fairway conditions.
In mid iron it carries the same and rolls almost the same.
In full wedges it carries 5 yards more than the proV1 but don´t spin back like a proV1, it just stay besides the pitch mark. It have also a higher trayectory.
Around the green it spin less with a higher trayectory also.
Both feel the same while putting.

Well, the soft ones are supposed to trade distance for accuracy.  The Titleist guys themselves will tell yo the same. The Pro V1 and V1x (I do not know the difference between the two actually) are $4/ball because they claim to not have to make that trade-off.  They claim to do both, length when you want it and not roll off the green.

I’ve been using nothing but the trusoft since 2016. Actually just bought some TP5x Taylor Mades to take out and try tomorrow tho. I’ve read the trusoft is better for a slower swing speed and I rip a driver 103-105 on average. The TP5x is supposed to be a good fit. Guess I’ll see. I’ve been very happy with the trusoft over the years tho personally.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!