IGNORED

Strange Things Seen on Golf Courses

Buckeyebowman
Note: This thread is 1645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 7/28/2019 at 9:30 PM, CarlSpackler said:

The strangest thing I've seen at a golf course was a condom machine in the bathroom. I don't even want to know why...

Slicers don't need them but hookers use them regularly.

Semper Fi,

Doc

• 2 weeks later...

Not on the course, but on the range, there's this guy that comes with 2-3 balls and hits them and then goes home if he doesn't find any balls left in other stalls. While this is not that strange, I saw him drive up in an immaculate recent model expensive luxury car, maybe six figures. You figure he could afford to buy some range balls. Maybe he has a bad back or something.

This was in my social media feed.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 1.23.44 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw some footprints on the green that looked like they were from the biggest deer I had ever seen. Turs out a couple cows from a nearby farm got loose, and were walking around the course.

• Like 1

I couldn't play yesterday, but one of my buddies texted me to tell me about a weird shot one of the other guys hit. The 4th green is directly behind the 5th tee. The 5th tee has a few trees to either side. My other friend apparently hit his tee shot on 5 so badly of the toe that it shot dead right like a shank, hit a tree and bounced hard, back over his head and wound up in the bunker by the 4th green.

Apparently, an argument endued, all in good fun, over whether he was to play the ball as it lied or take a drop.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

• 1 month later...

Okay, this was pretty strange. Last December, my dad and I were out for a quick nine, and on the 5th hole, we saw a ball lodged in a tree!2268BFA0-7865-4197-862E-2C75BE7886A5.thumb.jpeg.c345e48e2100bd5b7644c17fdcd0ab01.jpeg

Neither of us knew where on earth it came from, but we both got a good laugh out of it! I think somebody just put it there, unless somebody hit it into the tree from the tee, which was about 200 yards behind me, so probably not. But, strange things will happen in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!