IGNORED

New Member from WV

Double_AA
Note: This thread is 1729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

My name is Alex I am 25 and from Charleston, WV. I just took up golf for the first time a couple of months ago, and I am completely obsessed with the game. 

I usually go by the range on my way home from work 3-5x a week and try to play a round on the weekend. The range trips have not seemed to help with much.

I have had 2 lessons at this time, with the first being the most productive. My teacher had me hitting very good, however I completely lost whatever I was doing lol. My goals at this time are to develop a swing that works, and that I can remember to replicate every time I go for a shot. It seems to me that my swing changes radically from week to week, and at times I find myself back where I started. My biggest issue is with squaring the face at impact (Usually Open). 

Anyways, I hope to be able to contribute to the forums on this site and pick up some tips along the way.

Thank you for this resource.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Double_AA said:

I am completely obsessed with the game

Sounds familiar. Welcome to TST.

5 hours ago, Double_AA said:

It seems to me that my swing changes radically from week to week

Probably because as a beginner you may not have an established swing yet, which is normal for most beginners. Don't worry about that too much.

Nave

21 hours ago, Double_AA said:

My name is Alex I am 25 and from Charleston, WV. I just took up golf for the first time a couple of months ago, and I am completely obsessed with the game. 

Welcome! Love WV! (I originated in the Ozarks and the old mountains speak to me.) AND if you are obsessed, this is the place to be. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

21 hours ago, Double_AA said:

my swing changes radically from week to week, and at times I find myself back where I started. 

Welcome to TST. Did the instructor film your swing ( certainly hope so)? Are you filming your swing? I’m asking because you may very well find your swing looks the same from week to week. Feel ain’t real in this game. One difficult aspect is the same flaw in your swing can cause multiple errant shots causing one to think they’re doing something different each time.

There’s a ‘ Members Swing’ section here where you can post a video and get some excellent feedback. Check this out. Cheers!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

Welcome! Love WV! (I originated in the Ozarks and the old mountains speak to me.) AND if you are obsessed, this is the place to be. Best, -Marv

Thank you and yes it is an awesome place! 

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Welcome to TST. Did the instructor film your swing ( certainly hope so)? Are you filming your swing? I’m asking because you may very well find your swing looks the same from week to week. Feel ain’t real in this game. One difficult aspect is the same flaw in your swing can cause multiple errant shots causing one to think they’re doing something different each time.

There’s a ‘ Members Swing’ section here where you can post a video and get some excellent feedback. Check this out. Cheers!

No he did not unfortunately or I would of have probably been able to see what I was doing right when he had me hitting good. I do record my swing with my iPhone on slow mo and it does help. I haven’t done one recently so I will do one ASAP and post it in the memberswing section. Thanks for the reply! 

16 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST!

Thanks! 

19 hours ago, Nave said:

Sounds familiar. Welcome to TST.

Probably because as a beginner you may not have an established swing yet, which is normal for most beginners. Don't worry about that too much.

Yeah true I think I have tried to get a swing down quicker by just dumping a ton of time into it quickly, but it looks like it will still be a long slow road lol. That’s okay though. 

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

Note: This thread is 1729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!