IGNORED

Golf Rule: moving ball hit putter on green

Philip88

Note: This thread is 1087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Depends upon from where the stroke was made.

1) When Ball Played from Putting Green Accidentally Hits Any Person, Animal or Movable Obstruction (Including Another Ball in Motion) on Putting Green: The stroke does not count and the original ball or another ball must be replaced on its original spot 

2) When ball played from anywhere else. If a player’s ball in motion accidentally hits any person or outside influence, the ball must be played as it lies,

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=fr&section=rule&rulenum=11

• Upvote 1
"Age improves with wine."

Wishon 919THI 11*
Wishon 925HL 4w
Wishon 335HL 3h & 4h
Wishon 755pc 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i & 9i
Tad Moore 485 PW
Callaway X 54*
Ping G2 Anser C
Callaway SuperSoft
Titleist StaDry
Kangaroo Hillcrest AB

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 6:10 AM, Asheville said:

Depends upon from where the stroke was made.

1) When Ball Played from Putting Green Accidentally Hits Any Person, Animal or Movable Obstruction (Including Another Ball in Motion) on Putting Green: The stroke does not count and the original ball or another ball must be replaced on its original spot 

2) When ball played from anywhere else. If a player’s ball in motion accidentally hits any person or outside influence, the ball must be played as it lies,

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=fr&section=rule&rulenum=11

Does another putter fall in the definition of "movable obstruction"? It's considered to be "equipment", but I'm unsure how it would be treated on the green.

30 minutes ago, Robbyboy said:

Does another putter fall in the definition of "movable obstruction"? It's considered to be "equipment", but I'm unsure how it would be treated on the green.

If a player’s ball in motion accidentally hits any person or outside influence:

• There is no penalty to any player.

• This is true even if the ball hits the player, the opponent or any other player or any of their caddies or equipment.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, Robbyboy said:

From the Definition of 'Obstruction'

Player equipment, flagsticks and rakes.

• Informative 1

Note: This thread is 1087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.