IGNORED

My Swing (Double_AA)

Double_AA

• Administrator
1 hour ago, downbylaw11 said:

i never really understood this statement.  i mean, your entire hand is touching the grip basically, so it's a statement that makes no sense.  if one were to say, you want to place the club square with your palm facing up in the fingers, then wrap your palm around, then that is a statement that seems a little more complete.  I can orientate my hand all sorts of ways and still be 'gripping it in the fingers' imo.  am i just being daft?  

A little… if you just look around, you'll find pictures, articles, videos here showing you what people mean by that.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a decent day to play a few holes. Been working on slowing my swing down and trying to stop at left arm parallel. It’s resulting in much more consistent contact. Also got rid of the push slice I'm constantly fighting. At least for today...

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

Well boys I finally did it! I broke 100 at a par 72 course. To be honest this course was pretty easy but I’m still happy to finally get it done. I almost broke 90 in the same day but I had one OB drive. Final score was 90 from white tees. 

92E81C77-90BA-4F13-BE39-F48B3DD8666E.jpeg

467674CD-9D8D-4C77-B243-12D13082AE39.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

Congrats!

Make sure to post in the "Claim Your Achievements" topic.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Congrats!

Make sure to post in the "Claim Your Achievements" topic.

Thank you! I will get it claimed. 

Went to dicks sporting goods to do a driver fitting for $30 just to see what my numbers are on a simulator. This was my first time on a sim and it was odd to hit on. My shot was pretty much a steady high slice lol spin around 5000. Seemed odd because I’ve been playing recently and hitting driver decently. I do aim a bit left and either hit straight or slice maybe 20 yards back to the right side. I think I may have been setting up with my body open and cutting the ball because I didn’t really have anything to line my face / body to. I drove the fitter insane I think lol we tried all the new heads and shafts and still couldn’t get it down. The cobra speed zone and Tensei blue 65 g was the lowest at around 3000 or so. I may try a different shaft he believes mine is way too light and I should be using a 65g. My drives have recently been stuck around 240-260 yards depending on strike. 

I use a 

917d2 10.5 

diamana m+ 50g red

swing speed 98-103 mph

spin ~3500-5000

10 hours ago, Double_AA said:

Went to dicks sporting goods to do a driver fitting for $30 just to see what my numbers are on a simulator. This was my first time on a sim and it was odd to hit on. My shot was pretty much a steady high slice lol spin around 5000. Seemed odd because I’ve been playing recently and hitting driver decently. I do aim a bit left and either hit straight or slice maybe 20 yards back to the right side. I think I may have been setting up with my body open and cutting the ball because I didn’t really have anything to line my face / body to. I drove the fitter insane I think lol we tried all the new heads and shafts and still couldn’t get it down. The cobra speed zone and Tensei blue 65 g was the lowest at around 3000 or so. I may try a different shaft he believes mine is way too light and I should be using a 65g. My drives have recently been stuck around 240-260 yards depending on strike. 

I use a 

917d2 10.5 

diamana m+ 50g red

swing speed 98-103 mph

spin ~3500-5000

My goodness you are using the wrong shaft!  I play the exact same driver and I use a 63g Regular shaft and my swing speed is ~93! That Diamana Red is a senior shaft. I would recommend trying a heavier shaft at least in the 60g or more weight. I have tried the 50g, but it is very hard to control even at my swing speed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My goodness you are using the wrong shaft!  I play the exact same driver and I use a 63g Regular shaft and my swing speed is ~93! That Diamana Red is a senior shaft. I would recommend trying a heavier shaft at least in the 60g or more weight. I have tried the 50g, but it is very hard to control even at my swing speed.

Yeah haha that guy also thought I was nuts. To be honest I was somewhat disappointed in my lack of feel between the different shafts we tried out. I really never could tell a difference except with one HZRD yellow X-stiff. Still yet he said I would be much better off in a Tensei blue 65g stiff, and that shaft actually did feel a good bit better than mine. I will probably end up getting one for it. I went with the M+ red because I never could get the ball height I wanted with my old driver, and this one does launch well for me but the spin is off the charts.

• 2 months later...

Hey everybody my name is Alex and my hobbies include humping the goat and hitting my driver out of the heel. 
😆 All jokes aside I hope everyone is doing well during these crazy times. Haven’t done any videos recently so here are a few of where my swing is at. Any input is always welcome! 

I think I’m going to work on getting hands a bit higher at top of back swing. I’ve been feeling like my irons have less power than they used to. 
Recently went through a short case of the shanks but matching my club face to my spine angle through most of the back swing helped me get rid of them. 

Tried getting hands higher at the top of my backswing today and I just couldn’t stop leaving the club face wide open. Thinking maybe I should stay flatter.... does my swing look too flat though? 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a good round today after a month or so of struggling with the swing. Somehow I had slipped into a reverse pivot which made me lose a ton of power and consistency. Did a weight shift drill the other day and instantly realized I wasn’t shifting at all anymore. Today I played 9 and was only 7 over (great for me); I didn’t putt great but my driver and approach shots were straight, long and dead in the center of the face. I gained what seems like a little over a club back in length. Even had a drive reach out to 290 with roll. I always seem to lose my ability to feel like I’m hitting through the ball so maybe I just keep falling back into reverse pivot. Who knows, anyways I’ll take it while it lasts. 😁

22 hours ago, Double_AA said:

Finally had a good round today after a month or so of struggling with the swing. Somehow I had slipped into a reverse pivot which made me lose a ton of power and consistency. Did a weight shift drill the other day and instantly realized I wasn’t shifting at all anymore. Today I played 9 and was only 7 over (great for me); I didn’t putt great but my driver and approach shots were straight, long and dead in the center of the face. I gained what seems like a little over a club back in length. Even had a drive reach out to 290 with roll. I always seem to lose my ability to feel like I’m hitting through the ball so maybe I just keep falling back into reverse pivot. Who knows, anyways I’ll take it while it lasts. 😁

Do you have a face on video?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Finally got a net, so now I can start doing more videos. Here is where my swing is currently at. I’m hitting the ball pretty well right now and mostly just focusing on keeping a very light right hand. I pretty much let my right hand pointer and thumb barely touch the grip or not touch at all. Hitting it pretty solid this way. enjoy! 

Edited by Double_AA
Corrected video links to slow motion

I’m hitting the ball pretty straight but after watching these WOW my left wrist is cupping a lot at the top. 

Trying to be less flippy through impact by matching my hands up more and getting them as close as I can together.

Kind of hard to tell if I'm hitting it fat or just hitting the ground more after the ball. The mat was moving around a lot more though so something was up. Strike didn't feel as good as in the prior videos.

• Administrator

Rather than worrying about cupping at the top or anything like that, how much do you feel you're using your pelvis, core, ass, hips, legs… to hit the ball on the downswing?

On 7/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, iacas said:

Rather than worrying about cupping at the top or anything like that, how much do you feel you're using your pelvis, core, ass, hips, legs… to hit the ball on the downswing?

Probably not much... I can feel the small bump forward, but as far as really feeling like I'm using the ground for power I don't really feel that.