IGNORED

Titleist T Series Irons

Note: This thread is 1704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to start this by mentioning that I really liked the Titleist AP irons. 

Having said that, I got a chance to go hit the New Titleist T Series Irons. I thought they were kinda ugly by comparison to the AP's which I think look really sharp. That was until I hit them. 

All I can say is WOW!

All three sets; The T300, The T200, the T100's were all amazing. 

My opinion (opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one) Titleist has totally hit a homerun with these. I'd love to hear others opinion on these, but I was really impressed. The price also seemed reasonable... by today's standards. 

DAMNED YOU, Titleist for adding yet another set (or even 2 sets) of irons into my decision set. I'm planning on getting new irons this off-season and now a tough decision just got more difficult.

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!  I love shiny things!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm surprised, somewhat, that they did away with the AP line. Maybe with the addition of the AP3 they felt the naming was confusing, given that the AP3 truly was a fit between the 1 and the 2.

These are basically just evolutionary (not revolutionary) AP1, AP2, and AP3s right?

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If I had to pick one it would be the T100’s. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I'm surprised, somewhat, that they did away with the AP line. Maybe with the addition of the AP3 they felt the naming was confusing, given that the AP3 truly was a fit between the 1 and the 2.

These are basically just evolutionary (not revolutionary) AP1, AP2, and AP3s right?

I agree 100%. I was a big fan of the AP line up. I also agree that the AP3's being between the AP1's and the AP2's was confusing. I will say, I hit these and I was thoroughly impressed. Dare I say better than the AP's??? I think so.

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

If I had to pick one it would be the T100’s. 

If you are saying that without hitting them, I suggest you hit them. 

I think the T200's are going to surprise a lot of people who when they first see them on the shelf are going to be like "Eh, not for me." But when they hit them they may change their mind if they just give them a chance. I think I saw a review from Mark Crossfield where he said something like "I wanted to hate these, but the more I hit them the more I want to keep hitting them...." Or words to that affect. 

I felt the same way. I think these irons will please a lot of golfers.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:54 AM, ShawnSum said:

Mizuno also have some new irons coming out next Month! Lol

I can't wait. Do you know if it will be MP's or JPX's? 

So is this the unofficial "Terminator" series? I hit one of these at a Titleist day. I don't remember which model. It was forged. It was nice until I hit it thin. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 8/9/2019 at 11:54 AM, ShawnSum said:

Mizuno also have some new irons coming out next Month! Lol

Yeah? I hope it’s a version they’ll make for lefties.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, ShawnSum said:

New MP 20s!

I read about this last night. A wafer thin layer of copper. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went to club champion a few days ago to check out the new PXG 0211 irons. They have a 30 min free trial on the clubs. I walked out with a set of the T200s, obligatory "I wasn't even planning on buying clubs today"

The PXG's felt great but the t200 felt even better on contact. The profile of the t200 at address makes it look like a blade but has the forgiveness I need for my mishits. Plus I wanted a new full set of irons and I didn't want to pay the crazy PXG wedge prices when the Vokeys are properly priced to complete the set. They should arrive in a few weeks to give them a loop on the course. 

3 hours ago, Carnage91 said:

I went to club champion a few days ago to check out the new PXG 0211 irons. They have a 30 min free trial on the clubs. I walked out with a set of the T200s, obligatory "I wasn't even planning on buying clubs today"

The PXG's felt great but the t200 felt even better on contact. The profile of the t200 at address makes it look like a blade but has the forgiveness I need for my mishits. Plus I wanted a new full set of irons and I didn't want to pay the crazy PXG wedge prices when the Vokeys are properly priced to complete the set. They should arrive in a few weeks to give them a loop on the course. 

Congratulations. I think you made a great choice. I am a huge fan of Vokeys. I buy a new set every 2 years. I just buy the same specs as my previous models and I always buy the previous years version. Does that make sense? Every two years I get one year old (new, not used) wedges... Anyway, I was really impressed with the T200's. 

Having said that, I just got fitted for and purchased Mizuno Hot Metal Pros. So many great irons out there right now. I'm in the same boat as you anxiously awaiting the box of irons to come to my doorstep. 

Looks like they better organized the nomenclature:

T100 = AP2 = forged player's iron

T200 = AP3 = cast player style iron with hotter lofts

T300 = AP1= game improvement iron with hottest lofts

• Like 1

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

On 8/22/2019 at 8:55 AM, Carnage91 said:

I bought the PXG 0211's and the T200's kicked them out the bag. Still have them if anyone wants a set. LOL!

T200's are pretty soft for the forged face and I like the strong lofts.

Note: This thread is 1704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!