IGNORED

Purchasing Used Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 4622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another vote here for knet...been buying balls from there for the last few years and have had no issues. Usually get a few people together and place an order for over $100 to get the free shipping.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator

knetgolf.com has a groupon right now: $40 of balls for $20 (they'll only get about $8.50). I'm going to buy a few.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just bought a 50 ball bucket of AAAA NXT Tours from lostgolfballs for $26 shipped.  They have a lot of good deals right now.

Lostgolfballs is interesting.

I purchased 1 dozen Pro V1x 332's about a month ago.  Three weeks later, I sent them an e-mail complaining about their slow service.  Just yesterday I received not my first.... or my second... but my THIRD dozen.  How this happened, I have no idea.  I got charged for 1 dozen, and now I have 36 Pro V's for the price of 1 used dozen.
The balls are in great shape.  They obviously refurbish them because the paint will rub off a bit on the club face when you hit a solid wedge shot... and they smell funny.
Nevertheless, they're still fantastic for the price.  They seem to fly just as far and true as brand new ones.  If I had to SEARCH for any type of criticism, I'd say they weren't as "crisp" as brand new balls.
I'll be going back when I need a refill!

My old stuff I still use:

Irons - Titleist DCI 981 (1998)
Putter - Odyssey 2-Ball DFX
Wedges - Cleveland Rg. 588 (47º, 52º, 54º, 57º)
Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad (2004)
Ball - Pro V1x

Originally Posted by iacas

knetgolf.com has a groupon right now: $40 of balls for $20 (they'll only get about $8.50). I'm going to buy a few.

I got this and just ordered 2 dozen V1X's in refurbished grade A. I hope they perform, as that's my ball of choice and will be a longtime customer at that price if I like the product.

I bought used balls off of eBay and think it was from Knetgolf, but not certain as it was several years ago.  While the balls were in the condition described I was not the least bit happy with the way they performed.  I felt they were inderior to new balls, I felt that I could get a much better quality ball by buying new, just MHO.  I will not buy used balls again, there are way to many quality balls for a good price that I can buy new.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Just bought a dozen yellow z stars AAAAA from lostgolfballs.com to give a try!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

Has anyone had any direct experience with knetgolf recycled mint vs refinished mint?  I like the idea of the refinished mint but I'm wondering if it changes the playability of the ProV1 at all.  Or maybe it's just not worth the extra bit of money compared to recycled mint.

Brad

• 3 months later...
Has anyone ordered golf balls from either of these 2 companies:
-Knetgolf
-Golf Ball Planet

They both sell used golf balls on ebay and on their own websites but I have always been nervous about purchasing used balls. They both have good feedback but has anyone here purchased from them? What is the ball quality like? Is a MINT ball actually MINT or is it sometimes in just ok shape?
Please let me know.
Thanks!

I have never used knetgolf but my regular playing partner has, and he was happy with his purchase. I've bought mint NXT Tours from Golf Ball Planet several times and will not hesitate to use them again. Balls are less than half price and basically look like they've never been hit, although I know that's not the case. I normally order 6 dozen at a time, about half have logos and half don't. What's not to love about getting a basically new ball for half off?

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

some of the refurbished golf ball I had tried were not up to par in terms of distance.  I would guess depends on how old the ball is.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've bought 20 dozen balls from KnetGolf (what can I say, I go through a lot of balls).  I order either the Recycled Mint or Grade A.  Even with Grade A, I have yet to come across a ball in the bags that actually looked like it had been hit before.  They always look fresh out of the sleeve even if about half do have logos.  Considering the cost savings, I see no reason to not buy Mint or Grade A recycled balls.  Probably the only thing in someone's way is their ego.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Just to clear something up.

100% of the golf balls sold on lostgolfballs.com are Water Hazard recoveries. Meaning, every ball that they sell has come from some sort of lake, pond, river, or water hazard in general. The majority of the balls are already in mint condition as they told me they get 60% of their product from a particular Par 3 at a local course where they have permission to scuba (obviously it's most likely an island Par 3).

Performance Indicator is a company that specializes in color change and indicator technologies, and have done research on the impacts to golf balls from water exposure.   Here is a link to an interesting study they've done on the effects of both water and refinishing on golf balls: http://www.performanceindicator.com/golf/PI_techoverview.pdf If you're interested in buying water balls, read this and draw your own conclusions.    Personally, I always prefer the science to anecdotal experience, and for this reason prefer to purchase my balls new and not dredged out of a lake - with all other money I spend on the game, the savings are miniscule and a false economy.

The range down the road here sells the balls he finds that people hit from their bag for $2/dozen.

Ive gotten about 150 balls with a LOT of them being name brands. They all seem to be in excellent shape. Well, til I get hold of them, that is.

Performance Indicator is a company that specializes in color change and indicator technologies, and have done research on the impacts to golf balls from water exposure.   Here is a link to an interesting study they've done on the effects of both water and refinishing on golf balls: http://www.performanceindicator.com/golf/PI_techoverview.pdf If you're interested in buying water balls, read this and draw your own conclusions.    Personally, I always prefer the science to anecdotal experience, and for this reason prefer to purchase my balls new and not dredged out of a lake - with all other money I spend on the game, the savings are miniscule and a false economy.

Thanks for posting the link. Great information. Surprising to see how little time it takes to impact performance.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Note: This thread is 4622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!