IGNORED

Good Low Price, Low Compression Ball

Note: This thread is 1633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lately, I've been using the Titlist X-Outs.  They are typically DT True soft or occasionally Velocity.  Wal mart $12 a Box...….

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Our local Dunham's Sports has 24 packs of Srixon Q-Star for $32.  You can always find a 20% off coupon which brings the price down to $26 which is $13 per dozen.  I bought three 24 packs and might go back for more before the run out. 

War Eagle!

On 9/29/2019 at 11:59 AM, cnl390 said:

Thanks, have you tried (I had never even heard of) the Supersoft Magna?

I would try a sleeve of the Magna's at a local golf shop first. They are different. Sometimes, it feels like you hit a knuckle ball and other times you can pure it. It does help with the slice. I found them very easy to chip too. It is not magic. So, I prefer the Srixon Soft Feel. One of the better 20 dollar a dozen balls. If price is an issue, as said, before D2 Feel at Dicks is a great ball and value. They are firmer than the soft feels. But, still feel great. Stock up on Black Friday deals. 

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

Callaway Hex Tour Soft are very reasonable at Costco. I'm not sure if they are still selling them as I have not been in the store for a couple of months. I believe they were selling about two dozen for less than thirty dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Top Flite D2+ Feel for quite some time and liked them.

On a whim I bought some used Srixon Soft Feel cheap off of eBay.  I like the Srixons more than the D2+ Feel, so I gave the Top Flites to our sons.

John

The best cheap ball I have found is the Wilson FIX. Usually can two dozen at Wal-Mart for 20 bucks. Great ball for slower swing speeds and very soft. I use them occasionally when I'm out screwing around. My wife loves them. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Note: This thread is 1633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!