IGNORED

Good Low Price, Low Compression Ball

Note: This thread is 1659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a 65 year old, 25 handicap golfer with a 93-95 mph driver speed. Don't need to stroke my ego with a tour level ball.  Just want a ball that has good distance, straight, and won't bother me if I lose 2-4 a round.

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

14 minutes ago, cnl390 said:

I am a 65 year old, 25 handicap golfer with a 93-95 mph driver speed. Don't need to stroke my ego with a tour level ball.  Just want a ball that has good distance, straight, and won't bother me if I lose 2-4 a round.

Any ball within your price range. It won’t matter to any degree worth conversation. It’s entertaining and adds something else to this hobby but otherwise get whatever ball you feel is priced right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Any ball within your price range. It won’t matter to any degree worth conversation. It’s entertaining and adds something else to this hobby but otherwise get whatever ball you feel is priced right.

That's basically my thought, but I do prefer a ball with a soft feel 

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Titleist just announced their new line up of TruFeel for 2020.   They come in white, yellow and the matte red will be available in January.   The price is about $22.99.     These are replacing the DT brand

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

19 hours ago, cnl390 said:

That's basically my thought, but I do prefer a ball with a soft feel 

Check out Srixon Soft Feel...Great distance and good around the greens. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Many of the low priced balls will have soft on their box. Find the cheapest one and try it. I am 77 and play the Callaway Super Soft. Been playing it for a couple of years now and find it to be just right for me. But you need to find the one just right for your game.  When and if you find one that you really like and still don't want to pay even that much there are golf companies that sell used balls at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. If you do go there do not buy their reconditioned balls. Buy the highest grade that they sell. That ball will be like brand new.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shanksalot said:

Many of the low priced balls will have soft on their box. Find the cheapest one and try it. I am 77 and play the Callaway Super Soft. Been playing it for a couple of years now and find it to be just right for me. But you need to find the one just right for your game.  When and if you find one that you really like and still don't want to pay even that much there are golf companies that sell used balls at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. If you do go there do not buy their reconditioned balls. Buy the highest grade that they sell. That ball will be like brand new.

Thanks, have you tried (I had never even heard of) the Supersoft Magna?

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Don't look past Snell golf balls.  Dean Snell makes as good or better then any ball on the market.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

7 minutes ago, djake said:

Don't look past Snell golf balls.  Dean Snell makes as good or better then any ball on the market.

I have been playing the Snell (Get Sum, then MTB-Black) for about 2 years.  But lose so many I want to go to something less expensive until I fix my slice 

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

1 minute ago, cnl390 said:

I have been playing the Snell (Get Sum, then MTB-Black) for about 2 years.  But lose so many I want to go to something less expensive until I fix my slice 

Wilson on sale for $10.95/dozen on TGW.com I Start my season out with a couple dozen.  Plus they are nice balls to give as gifts to newer golfers.  

I have been getting the yellow ones, they seam to be easier to find also.  

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

23 minutes ago, djake said:

I will second the Snell line of balls. I used them a few times during my last season. I was given three sleeves, as a promotion. 

I thought they were a good, all around ball. Both distance, and short game play were in my slower swing, wheel house.

That said, I still play the Bridgestone e7 ball for convience. It's a great ball off the tee, and around the greens. Plus it's available just about any where, at a decent price. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

12 hours ago, cnl390 said:

Thanks, have you tried (I had never even heard of) the Supersoft Magna?

No I have not. If you think you may like it give it a try. Some golf shops will sell you a three ball sleeve to try a particular ball. That is a lot cheaper than buying the dozen in a box and not liking them. 

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to Good Low Price, Low Compression Ball
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was of a similar mind, I played the Top Flite D2+ Feel balls. They are a very good ball and are really inexpensive, especially when Dick's runs the 2 for $30 deal (almost always). I would also use a $10 off coupon and get a 2 for $20 deal. The D2+ feels come in 15 ball packs so 30 golf balls for $20. It plays as well or better than the supersoft, soft feel, velocity, and just about any other 2 piece ionmer cover ball.

Once I became a better golfer, I started using the Snell MTB Black and will be trying out the MTB X when I purchase the next 5-dozen golf balls.

18 hours ago, Sean_D said:

When I was of a similar mind, I played the Top Flite D2+ Feel balls. They are a very good ball and are really inexpensive, especially when Dick's runs the 2 for $30 deal (almost always). I would also use a $10 off coupon and get a 2 for $20 deal. The D2+ feels come in 15 ball packs so 30 golf balls for $20. It plays as well or better than the supersoft, soft feel, velocity, and just about any other 2 piece ionmer cover ball.

Once I became a better golfer, I started using the Snell MTB Black and will be trying out the MTB X when I purchase the next 5-dozen golf balls.

At 68 and three back surgeries I don't think I'm going to become a better golfer so I stay with the Top Flites, sometime Costco has Callaway Hex really cheap, I play them too.

Note: This thread is 1659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!