IGNORED

Orlando

Note: This thread is 1636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you are staying at the resort then either the magnolia or the Buena Vista courses are probably the best, though they are just slightly above average golf courses at typical disney prices. I think @Vinsk lives in Orlando (or near it). He might have some good suggestions that are far better than the Disney courses. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

32 minutes ago, MississippiSteve said:

Traveling to Orlando (Disney) middle of October.. What courses would be recommended? Of the 4 Disney courses which would be the best to choose?

As @HJJ003 said regarding Disney courses. It’s hard to beat the convenience in that Disney will transport your clubs for you. You can even leave your clubs at one course and they’ll have them sent to the next course you’re playing. In regards to their four courses I actually prefer The Palms course to Lake Buena Vista. If I were to choose two I’d do The Palms and Magnolia. The Oaks is just a 9 hole family friendly walking course.

If you’re willing or able to venture out, the two closest to Disney are Celebration Golf Course ( My home course) and Falcon’s Fire. Both are nice layouts but completely different types. They’re only about 10-15min away from Disney. @billchao was just here on a Disney trip and played Celebration with me. He’d be a good person to ask as someone who just did the whole Disney experience as a ‘tourist.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, MississippiSteve said:

Traveling to Orlando (Disney) middle of October.. What courses would be recommended? Of the 4 Disney courses which would be the best to choose?

I think @HJJ003 and @Vinsk have everything pretty much covered.

Where you should play depends on the logistics of your trip. Are you staying at a Disney resort? Will you have your own transportation? That kind of stuff. If you're staying on property and don't have a car then it's a no brainer to play one of their courses.

Of their four courses, I like Magnolia better than Palm and I've never played LBV. Oak Trail is basically an executive 9-hole course with short par 4s and 5s. Last time I played there I didn't even need a tee time, just checked in with the pro shop and they sent me on my way.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

In my opinion all those are better courses than any of the Disney. Lake Nona and Grand Cypress for sure. Ritz Carlton I haven’t played ...that’s the home course for Chuck Quinton ‘Rotary Swing Golf’! I’m not saying the Disney courses are bad. Not at all. But you’ll get more of a scenic and resort feel without all the Disney themed stuff at the others. I don’t know about the crowd level at the other courses but every time I played Disney they did a good job of enforcing pace of play.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

15 hours ago, MississippiSteve said:

I will be driving down so will have a vehicle to get around.. any info on Waldorf Astoria golf course, orange tree, lake Nona, ritz Carlton, grand cypress, tranquilo?

I love playing the Waldorf course. Always in great shape and the service is awesome.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

There are several threads that discuss various area courses in detail that you might find helpful.

If I had to recommend a single venue as the “must play” though, it would likely be Orange County National.  A quick 20 minutes from Disney with 2 great courses, a huge practice facility, and a nice bar and grill.  

BTW, although a great course, Lake Nona is completely private.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!