IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Welcome to Urban's Analysis, 

Damn...pretty solid. I’d love to hear him and Belichick talk.   

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I think Clemson has caked-walked the entire season, still struggled with an unranked UNC and should have to do more than what they’ve done to even be in the playoffs. 

Yet a couple days ago you said you think Clemson would solidly beat OSU... That doesn't make sense to me. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, Vinsk said:

OSU is gonna realize those wins against a beaten Wisconsin team, a beaten Penn, a beaten Minnesota just didn’t give them the sense of what they were going up against from an SEC team or Clemson. OSU will get solidly beat. 

You are saying that a team you think hasn't even done enough yet to earn a spot in the playoffs and struggled against an unranked team would solidly beat one of the most statistically dominant, well-rounded teams college football has seen in years? 

If you think Clemson would solidly beat OSU and you think Clemson should be ranked outside the top 4, wouldn't that also mean based on your logic that OSU would have to be ranked (in your rankings) outside the top 4 and be below Clemson?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Damn...pretty solid. I’d love to hear him and Belichick talk. 

That series is awesome to watch. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

57 minutes ago, klineka said:

Yet a couple days ago you said you think Clemson would solidly beat OSU... That doesn't make sense to me. 

You are saying that a team you think hasn't even done enough yet to earn a spot in the playoffs and struggled against an unranked team would solidly beat one of the most statistically dominant, well-rounded teams college football has seen in years? 

If you think Clemson would solidly beat OSU and you think Clemson should be ranked outside the top 4, wouldn't that also mean based on your logic that OSU would have to be ranked (in your rankings) outside the top 4 and be below Clemson?

I think Lawrence would be a handful for OSU. Clemson is a bit hard to analyze because they’ve done it before ..play virtually no one then win the big ones. OSU has more impressive wins than Clemson. I’m just talking how I ‘see’ things from watching games. It’s college football and like pretty much all sports it’s all a guess. Statistically speaking OSU deserves to be ranked above Clemson. I just think the ‘mojo’ would favor Clemson against OSU. And like the video said, it’s hard to compare teams from different conferences. I don’t think Oregon should be selected. I think if they played OSU right now it’d be a total blow out and boring. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The only way Ohio State loses a big ten game this year is if they beat themselves. They are far more talented than any other big ten team. We'll see how good they are if they make the playoff. I don't think (again unless they play poorly) Penn State or *ichigan are good enough to stay within 17-20 points. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

1 minute ago, Bucki1968 said:

The only way Ohio State loses a big ten game this year is if they beat themselves. They are far more talented than any other big ten team. We'll see how good they are if they make the playoff. I don't think (again unless they play poorly) Penn State or *ichigan are good enough to stay within 17-20 points. 

I agree. I almost feel sorry for Penn State. Young is gonna be hungry.

cfb_quiz_1296_864.jpg

If you've ever screamed 'GO FOR IT!' at your TV on fourth-and-1 or shook your head as your school decided not to go...

@saevel25, @klineka this is pretty cool and has some good stats as well. 

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
cfb_quiz_1296_864.jpg

If you've ever screamed 'GO FOR IT!' at your TV on fourth-and-1 or shook your head as your school decided not to go...

@saevel25, @klineka this is pretty cool and has some good stats as well. 

Nice that is cool. I got 6/7 correct, I only missed the first question, but I think they should have mentioned how much time was left in the 4th quarter as that likely would have affected my answer. Scoring a TD and making it an 8 point game with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter is entirely different than scoring a TD to bring it within 8 with 3-4 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Man, if OSU could have held onto the ball then it would have been very ugly for PSU. 

I give PSU credit, their run defense is pretty good. I felt like OSU should have thrown it more. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Man, if OSU could have held onto the ball then it would have been very ugly for PSU. 

I give PSU credit, their run defense is pretty good. I felt like OSU should have thrown it more. 

Completely agree. But I also think despite OSU not covering the spread it actually showed how good this team is and better than previous seasons. They made the kind of errors that cost them games against Purdue and Iowa...yet they made them against a 9-1 Penn State team and still won.

Georgia didn’t look so good against A&M. They’re always a tough team to play at home but damn...one TD. You’re not gonna beat the top 6 teams with FGs.

Top 4 do not change this week...Oregon is a bye bye, BAMA stays at 5, and who cares about the rest of them.

Big things could happen this week though.  OSU and Michigan (upset in the making), LSU better not sleep on A&M, Georgia could not show up and still beat Ga Tech, and BAMA better come to play or War Eagles will end their season.  

13 minutes ago, Osnola said:

Top 4 do not change this week...Oregon is a bye bye, BAMA stays at 5, and who cares about the rest of them.

Big things could happen this week though.  OSU and Michigan (upset in the making), LSU better not sleep on A&M, Georgia could not show up and still beat Ga Tech, and BAMA better come to play or War Eagles will end their season.  

With one-loss Power 5 contenders Georgia, Alabama, Utah, Oklahoma, Minnesota and Baylor all winning Saturday, the debate over No. 1 should be the biggest question facing the 13-member College Football Playoff selection committee this week, but Oregon's loss at Arizona State opens the door wider for all of them on Selection Day. Georgia lost to SC, Alabama to LSU, Utah to USC, OU to KSU, Minnesota to PSU, and Baylor to OU. So Alabama, Minnesota and Baylor have losses to ranked teams. OU will play Baylor for the Big12 conf ( I've never liked this about the Big12, playing a team twice.) They thought they were crafty when they reorganized the Big12 to where every team plays each other, seems like a good idea, but then when they awarded the bonus of winning a conference championship that kinda screwed things up. If Baylor beats OU in the Big12 CC, ok, so they're 1-1. I mean what's better than analyzing  two teams' resumes than a head to head match? Anyway, I'd love to see OU get the 4th spot but with their defense I don't think they'd make it. I also think they should pass on Utah. I think if Utah played any of the top 5 teams they'd get destroyed. Now if OSU loses to Michigan ( they won't) that will really shake things up. It's been a great season so far!

On 11/23/2019 at 6:56 PM, saevel25 said:

I give PSU credit, their run defense is pretty good. 

Yet OSU as a team still ran for 229 yds and 2 TDs and rushed for more yards on their opening drive (~91) than Penn State had allowed per game so far this season prior to playing the Buckeyes (~75). 

The thing that stood out to me was the Buckeyes defense. Without the the turnover from OSU which gave Penn State short fields, OSU's defense only gave up 10 points from full length drives. OSU's defense only allowed 99 rushing yards and 128 passing yards while only allowing 1 play to go for more than 20 yards the entire game. Pretty impressive performance IMO.

I also think Day prepared for worse weather. On Wednesday and Thursday the weather was going to be maybe snow and rain during the entire game. It turned out to be just a small bit of rain in the third quarter. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Whooo!!! OSU taking the #1 spot!!! I hope they keep it! I don’t want to see Clemson in the first round 😉

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

29 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Whooo!!! OSU taking the #1 spot!!! I hope they keep it! I don’t want to see Clemson in the first round 😉

Yeah. And whoduh thought big rivalry week Clemson plays.......the mighty 4-7 SC.

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah. And whoduh thought big rivalry week Clemson plays.......the mighty 4-7 SC.

I am kinda hoping Clemson flubs up... I doubt it, but it would be hilarious. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

I am kinda hoping Clemson flubs up... I doubt it, but it would be hilarious. 

Yeah pretty unlikely. But should they get through their playoff game it would certainly make for a good game against OSU. I wish we could see Clemson have to play somebody prior to the playoffs. But yeah I'd like Dabo to take a hit.

Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!