IGNORED

Flexible Flex Golf Shaft

Note: This thread is 1651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a complete set of Spauding professional elite iron set and they came with golf shafts rated flexible what does this rating mean? I looked all over the internet and could not find any information; what are they equivalent to modern ratings? 

8 hours ago, lvargas9 said:

I bought a complete set of Spauding professional elite iron set and they came with golf shafts rated flexible what does this rating mean? I looked all over the internet and could not find any information; what are they equivalent to modern ratings? 

Most shafts manufacturers don't have consistent terms to describe the shaft flex or even measure the flex the same way. I would get that this refers to a regular flex shaft. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Flexible Flex Golf Shaft
22 hours ago, lvargas9 said:

I looked all over the internet and could not find any information;

A good source to look is often on eBay.
While there may not be manufacture specifics, there usually is some descriptive information.

I did a brief search on two items that listed the shaft flex in terms which were most likely used back when the clubs were made.
One item indicated the shafts were medium/regular and another were described as regular.

Your dealing with "Vintage" items which were popular long before the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Another idea is to make your own shaft flex board. Maltby sell one for $180.

I once made one for free using a scrap of plywood, and some 2", 1/4" dowell material. Hung it on my garage wall. 

I marked known  clubs flexes on the board as reference points, using a consistent weight. The board also gave me other info besides flex.  It was crude looking, but did the job. 

It mattered little what the manufacturer's rating on the shaft was, which was usually different from each company. What ever my flex board showed me, was what the actual flex was when compared to the known flexes I used.  

Maltby probably has a picture of his flex board on his website. Probably other sites have picts available too. With a little self ingenuity, a person can study the picture, and build their own. It's pretty easy. 

Edited by Patch
  • Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Over the years, in my experience, consistently, REGULAR in a heavy shaft is stiffer than REGULAR in a light shaft. By the same token, STIFF in a light shaft is more flexible than STIFF in a heavy shaft. There must be exceptions, I'm sure.

Edited by arturo28mx

Note: This thread is 1651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!