IGNORED

Has MyGolfSpy Lost Its Edge?

ChetlovesMer
Note: This thread is 1142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will say this, on the ranking of websites that test golf equipment. They are better than Golf or GolfDigest. If you are like me, if you want the data it looks like you can get it. 

In the end, go to a demo day at a golf course. Try out the clubs. Go get fitted. If you are buying the clubs, the cost of the fitting will be waived if you buy that day. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Their reviews are “pay to play.”

They tout one thing, but do another. I generally don’t like liars, or people who “massage” data quite a bit, and they feel like a bit of both at times.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Their reviews are “pay to play.”

Really?
I confess. I'm disappointed. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

In general, I don't quite get what the point of equipment reviews like the MGS Most Wanted, Golf Digest Hot List, etc., other than a marketing tool, regardless of what data is attached to it. Is <company X> driver really better than <company Y> driver, if a golfer is going to go into a shop and buy something off the shelf? It seems like if a player is really interested in getting the best clubs, some level of fitting or self-testing is needed to make an informed decision. Otherwise, just purchase the clubs that you like the looks of the best, or whatever other arbitrary reason.

At one point 3 or 4 years ago, I wanted a new hybrid, so I looked at the ratings on Most Wanted list and Hot List, and bought one of the top rated hybrids. It performed no different than my old Adams hybrid, although it did look cooler.

Does anyone really need a review for golf umbrellas or shoes or pitch mark repair tools or bluetooth speakers to determine which one to buy?

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

They are also hostile to anyone who questions their methods. I did once, and they went off on me in the comments section not their website. 

The hostility in the comments section of MGS to anyone who raises questions about how they test is a real turnoff. Being defensive and hostile is telling, to me anyways, that maybe their testing is not as rigorous/scientific as they claim (which I am pretty sure is the case).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I get that people have to make a living, but this would seem like an incentive for them to be positive about pretty much everything.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.23.09 am.png

• Like 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

2 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I get that people have to make a living, but this would seem like an incentive for them to be positive about pretty much everything.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.23.09 am.png

May earn...LOL.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Note: This thread is 1142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!