IGNORED

Excited About New Irons

Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Nottap said:

After 8 years, i got fitted  for new sticks.  I am  getting some new irons, Taylormade P790. They are now on order. 

It’s always fun to play new clubs.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Nottap said:

After 8 years, i got fitted  for new sticks.  I am  getting some new irons, Taylormade P790. They are now on order. 

Congrats! How long before they'll be in? Hopefully the courses will start drying up here in Ohio soon to get out. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

7 hours ago, Nottap said:

Awesome! I just had a great fitting this morning. Worked through so many set ups and so glad to have a clear winner for me: Callaway Mavrik Pro 4-AW +1” KBS MAX 80g shafts and 52/10 56/14 Jaws MD5 wedges with KBS TOUR 90 shafts. Also went with Mavrik SubZero driver. 

I hit TM P790, PingG410, Mizuno JPX919, Callaway Apex 19, Mavrik, Mavrik Pro, and Titleist T200. I got real lucky with the best feel giving the best numbers as well with the Mavrik Pros. 

Shiny new clubs. The best. Can’t wait for them to arrive!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

(edited)

Nice! In my opinion, working with a fitter and watching him get the numbers and showing me all of the different results from different clubs, and then ordering those specific clubs is MUCH more exciting than buying off the shelf. I get so anxious waiting for them to show up at my door step. Like a kid at Christmas.  Congrats

I'm a bit jealous too! I really like the 790s!

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I ended up with an entirely new set-up this year. After playing Tour Edge Exotics for the last 7 years, I switched to Srixon Driver/Fairway/Utility (Z785 Driver), Z585 3-iron, and Z785 4-AW. I got my irons built with KBS C-Taper to get my launch and spin down a bit.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 3/18/2020 at 10:01 PM, onthehunt526 said:

I ended up with an entirely new set-up this year. After playing Tour Edge Exotics for the last 7 years, I switched to Srixon Driver/Fairway/Utility (Z785 Driver), Z585 3-iron, and Z785 4-AW. I got my irons built with KBS C-Taper to get my launch and spin down a bit.

I played the Srixon Z565 irons a couple years ago as a loaner set at a company golf event.  They had great feel and I liked the V-sole on it since it tended to correct my depth of divot (just fyi...I don;t like the v-sole on my Cleveland 58 deg wedge, but that's another topic!). 

When I get fitted, I will be leaning toward a Srixon iron.  What is interesting is that I also like the Tour Edge brand; I've used their 3-wood for years and will not change it; not sure how their irons will stack up.  

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M3 (9o) with Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 Stiff-flex shaft.  3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB2 (15o) with Fujikura Regular-flex

3H: Tour Edge (18o) with R-flex 80g shaft.  4H: 22o  Taylormade Rbz Stage 2 with R-flex shaft.

Irons (5-PW): Titleist 804os with True Temper reg. flex shaft.  Wedges: 50o deg Titleist SM-7 12o bounce F grind, 56o (bent to 54o) Cleveland RTG sand wedge, Cleveland RTX-3 CB 58o wedge 9o bounce.

Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Monte Carlo w/Super Stroke 2.0 grip

• 3 weeks later...

OK  delayed post b/c of COVID19. I played like 2.5   rounds with the new sticks they are very nice. The issue is that although most Golf courses are open with limited/ modified  play here in Ohio,  there are no ranges open and my yard is to small for a net. So I have not  an opportunity  to get real intimate with the new sticks yet. But in the 2.5 rounds, I have been very pleased with them.

8 minutes ago, Nottap said:

OK  delayed post b/c of COVID19. I played like 2.5   rounds with the new sticks they are very nice. The issue is that although most Golf courses are open with limited/ modified  play here in Ohio,  there are no ranges open and my yard is to small for a net. So I have not  an opportunity  to get real intimate with the new sticks yet. But in the 2.5 rounds, I have been very pleased with them.

Congrats on the new sticks!

None of the open golf courses have a range?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!