IGNORED

Fitted for G410 - Will That Work for G400?

Note: This thread is 1435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi!

There are PING G400 irons out there at a good price, but there is no-one around here that can do fitting for such old models.
The closest I can come is G410, so is there anyone out there who has experience from both?
Would a fitting for G410 mean that corresponding G400 would work for me?
(Given that I find the right specs of course, but graphite shaft and regular flex is probably the best for me - and easy to find. Maybe lie can be a problem.)

If I can't, I'll just go for the (current) model that I can get fitted for. But I like the G400 looks much better than G410. And I can save almost $300.

Thanks for advice!

• iacas changed the title to Fitted for G410 - Will That Work for G400?

Not sure why a Ping fitter can't do fittings for the G400's, if they are certified fitters they should have all of the heads in their kit.

My guess is the only difference in the fitting would be launch and distance as I believe the lofts are different between the two.  But the Ping Dot Color should be the same for any iron fitting.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, JGus said:

Not sure why a Ping fitter can't do fittings for the G400's, if they are certified fitters they should have all of the heads in their kit.

If they cleared their inventory of the G400 kit, they won’t be able to.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

39 minutes ago, JGus said:

My guess is the only difference in the fitting would be launch and distance as I believe the lofts are different between the two.  But the Ping Dot Color should be the same for any iron fitting.

Well that's what they said. Maybe Ping doesn't allow them when a new model is out? They want to push the new ones? 

I’d say it’s probably worth a shot getting fit for the g410 and then go hunting for a used set of g400’s with the same specs.  You’ll save more than $300!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I’d say it’s probably worth a shot getting fit for the g410 and then go hunting for a used set of g400’s with the same specs.  You’ll save more than $300!

Well, I'd prefer a new set, not a used one. :-)

This is a recurring problem with fittings. Even the online fittings steer players to the current models. I always stay one or two generations back when buying new clubs. My advice is to try to find a set you can demo. Obviously, that is harder to do with irons than drivers and fairways. There are some preowned sites that let you try before you buy. While getting fit is important, most amateurs do not swing the same every time they play. I once got fit for a driver by a reputable OEM in November. When Spring rolled around the club did not perform very well at all. For me, the best way to test a set of clubs is to play several rounds with them. I know others will disagree, but standing in an indoor hitting bay with a Trackman just doesn't feel the same to me as playing shots on a course.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 10:13 AM, Hoganman1 said:

This is a recurring problem with fittings. Even the online fittings steer players to the current models. I always stay one or two generations back when buying new clubs. My advice is to try to find a set you can demo. Obviously, that is harder to do with irons than drivers and fairways. There are some preowned sites that let you try before you buy. While getting fit is important, most amateurs do not swing the same every time they play. I once got fit for a driver by a reputable OEM in November. When Spring rolled around the club did not perform very well at all. For me, the best way to test a set of clubs is to play several rounds with them. I know others will disagree, but standing in an indoor hitting bay with a Trackman just doesn't feel the same to me as playing shots on a course.

Yeah nothing like being on course, I look for a range where I can hit on real grass. I'm using one of those balls on a string, my lawns not happy with that lol...

Note: This thread is 1435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!