IGNORED

Tiger Woods HBO Documentary

iacas
Note: This thread is 1192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just finished it. I really don't get how this was salacious at all. They didn't gloss over the sex scandals, but they didn't really go into it in much detail. I don't think there are any details that are new.

Anyway, I didn't like this part as much as the first part. I was a little bored at times. Maybe it's because I know Tiger's story from 2008 on pretty well. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@DeadMan I agree about part 2. 

The only thing I took from part 2 was how brutal the media is. I enjoyed part 1, I did not know that part of the story. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

On 1/17/2021 at 9:48 PM, DeadMan said:

Just finished it. I really don't get how this was salacious at all. They didn't gloss over the sex scandals, but they didn't really go into it in much detail. I don't think there are any details that are new.

Anyway, I didn't like this part as much as the first part. I was a little bored at times. Maybe it's because I know Tiger's story from 2008 on pretty well. 

I agree. I felt that it was a review of what happened and did not add much to the story. If you followed what happened during that time at all, even in a passing fashion nothing was new from the documentary.

Ultimately, I don't know why Tiger would mind what was in either episode. It was maybe a bit rough on his father, but the main message was, as humans we all have flaws. For the money he earned, came the fame, and the microscope of the media. They like to amplify his faults for their benefit (clicks).

The one take away for me, was it reminded me how he mismanaged the aftermath. He should have fired his PR team. Maybe he did, but the weird blue room press conference was unnecessary. That was his private life and he should have just said that.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!