IGNORED

My Swing (golfindude1)

golfindude1
Note: This thread is 1357 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 12 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 14.7 (I haven't updated my handicap in the past 4 years because I'm not on a High School Varsity Golf Team Anymore)
My typical ball flight is: 

For the 9-hole round that I played because on the driving range, the direction and the curve of the shot seems to vary to the point where there's no particular order except for the 3-wood where I mostly hit it low and the Driver where I sometimes hit a low, hooked shot.

For the 3-Wood on the Driving Range, it's really strange, it's the only club that I can't hit up in the air consistently (no matter the direction or the curve of the ball flight)

For the Driver on the Driving Range, it's the same story. The ball flight is low at times and properly high at times and sometimes I would hit that low, hooked shot I mentioned earlier.

For the other clubs, the shots are varied (both direction and curvature) to the point where there's no pattern (Part of it could be because I don't track my shots on the range). I had no problems with crushing them to the point where it's at the proper ball flight.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: 

Tbh, I don't really know what my next step is to make it better. My goal now is to hit the ball on the course consistently 90% of the time because golf where there's no such thing as a perfect shot. After that, I will focus on hitting it to the direction I want it to go 90% of the time. On top of that I'd like to get a synopsis here on my swing too because I literally don't understand the nooks and crannies of it and don't know why it works. So I don't know how to "hack" it. All feedback is appreciated.

Timestamps are provided in the description to analyze the swing you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MrnNVPvJU4

EDIT: For some reason I'm having problems embedding the video. Sorry everyone.

Edited by golfindude1

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My opinion is to consider working on shortening the backswing. Yeah John Daly was great but for the average golfer that look at the top of backswing is something to get away from.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 9:24 AM, Grizvok said:

My opinion is to consider working on shortening the backswing. Yeah John Daly was great but for the average golfer that look at the top of backswing is something to get away from.

Do you have other advice on getting more distance out of my clubs at this angle? I want to hit the Driver 220-230 (10-20 more yards than now) consistently, but have struggled consistently and have absolutely no idea what I have to do.

(edited)

Hey y'all ,

I've decided to film my side swing. This video has 3 slow-mo shots. I'm using only a 7-iron here. The problem I've had with my swing is not being able to generate distance. For 7-iron it's basically around 130-140 but I want to get to around 150-160 range. I know that hitting the club as hard as I can won't work and I know you can generate distance even if you have a short swing. I'm abstaining from watching YouTube Golf Tutorials because YouTube doesn't seem to hold golf content creators to a higher standard.

Sorry for the crappy quality and the background noise. I hope this is enough for you guys to work with.

@iacas. I understand you're busy, but I would love for you to analyze my swing if you have the time.

P.S. I personally found your putting pendulum drill, putting with sticks and beeps, and the article about having zero acceleration at impact to be very useful in making good, consistent strokes.

Edited by billchao
Embedded video

4 hours ago, golfindude1 said:

Do you have other advice on getting more distance out of my clubs at this angle? I want to hit the Driver 220-230 (10-20 more yards than now) consistently, but have struggled consistently and have absolutely no idea what I have to do.

That is very much at odds with what you initially noted about consistency being the focus.

As it pertains to swing changes, I’ve never liked the idea of focusing on some specific result and then building a plan around that. I think that is backwards (although it has its place for advanced golfers). Instead, focus on discovering what your priority piece should be and then for the time being revolve your training around fixing that. We have this saying on this forum that I think EVERYBODY should fully embrace which is “change the picture”. Place faith in the idea that if you identify your priority piece and then practice in the correct manner to make that piece look more in line with what should be happening (and then ingrain it as a motor pattern), that you’ll be a better golfer.

Rinse and repeat this blueprint as you continue to reassess your swing after successfully ingraining the previous movement.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

(edited)
4 hours ago, billchao said:

I followed the directions, but no matter how much I try, the video wouldn't embed. It could be on your end, on Google Chrome, or on the computer.

I'm also a user of the MWCBoard (Under a different user name) which also uses Invision Community and had no problems embedding videos there.

Edited by golfindude1
Incomplete Sentence

2 hours ago, golfindude1 said:

I followed the directions, but no matter how much I try, the video wouldn't embed. It could be on your end, on Google Chrome, or on the computer.

I'm also a user of the MWCBoard (Under a different user name) which also uses Invision Community and had no problems embedding videos

Worked fine for me. Btw....this is a ‘down the line view’ or DTL. ‘Side View’ is Face On or FO.😀

Texting inside your box is an issue I have ....but the embedding worked fine.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Texting inside your box is an issue I have ....but the embedding worked fine.

Most likely it's Google Chrome that's the problem. I'm using TST on Firefox and the embedding works here.

1 hour ago, golfindude1 said:

Most likely it's Google Chrome that's the problem. I'm using TST on Firefox and the embedding works here.

It’s not Chrome. I embed videos on my laptop using Chrome and I edited your post on mobile using Chrome on my phone.

You probably didn’t click the pop up on the bottom of the editor that says paste as plain text to remove the formatting.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

Hey TST,

Here's my 2nd "Swing Filming Session". The purpose is all in the description for you guys to read.

Additionally, my focus isn't on the impact or swing path when working on this new swing.

Once I've accomplished my goal, I'm looking for something else to work on. If there are any problems with the swing I've presented and if you have a drill I can work on, that would be wonderful! 🙂

3 hours ago, golfindude1 said:

Hey TST,

Here's my 2nd "Swing Filming Session". The purpose is all in the description for you guys to read.

Additionally, my focus isn't on the impact or swing path when working on this new swing.

Once I've accomplished my goal, I'm looking for something else to work on. If there are any problems with the swing I've presented and if you have a drill I can work on, that would be wonderful! 🙂

A little update, I noticed that my left arm on the sideview shots are bent when it got to A4. How much of a big deal is it if the left arm is bent? What should I do to fix the bent arm when I get to A4. Also, I do feel like I should shorten my backswing more.

Note: This thread is 1357 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!