IGNORED

USHandicap Service

Chief 3001
Note: This thread is 1134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do not use USHandicap service  to establish your handicap.

You cannot get them on the phone or reply to any emails you send to their support group and they will not do any refunds if you do not like their service. And they do not provide GHIN numbers. I found out too late that the number they issues is not recognized by many of courses I play in NW Florida. Below is off of their web site. 

Memberships / Registration (For US Handicap Public Player golfers)

How do I cancel my membership?

Your membership renews annually automatically. If you wish to cancel, you must do so before the renewal date. We do not offer refunds. Please contact support if you wish to cancel.

I thought I was buying a GHIN number? This isn't GHIN? I want a refund.

As part of the new 2020 World Handicap System, we pay a fee for your account to be in the same database as everyone in the GHIN system. If you go to play a tournament at a GHIN course, they will be able to look up your handicap index in the same system as everyone else. Every paid member of USHandicap receives an index that is 100% legal for tournament play. If you ever have an issue getting your index accepted by an event, contact us and we will help get everything to the tournament director that's needed. Part of your Membership Fee goes directly to the USGA and your local State Golf Association in order to be in their same GHIN lookup system, and they do not refund us with that fee once you're in the system.

GHIN

USHandicap does not participate in the GHIN computation service. GHIN is a different handicap system used by some regional golf associations. USHandicap clubs are licensed directly by the USGA and use the GolfNet handicap network. GolfNet and GHIN are not the same handicap service, but both are USGA compliant. ****** The Handicap Index you receive on USHandicap will not be found on the GHIN Network. *********

MAKE SURE TO READ THEIR REVIEWS. 

• iacas changed the title to USHandicap Service

Welcome to TST.   

While USHandicap may not have been what you were expected, it is a legit USGA handicap service.   I realize it's crazy you can't look up your GHIN number on their service but that is something that the USGA needs to fix.    There are many virtual or eclubs that offer USGA handicaps and USHandicap is one of many.    You are still afforded the ability to compete in any USGA tournament and the tournament will have the ability to confirm your GHIN number and data.

Stick around, I believe you'll find this site, insightful.  

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A GHIN number is NOT a requirement in having a valid official USGA (or WHS) Handicap Index

Its important to understand what GHIN is.  Its a computational service that the USGA operates, and OFFERS to regionally authorized associations for handicap calculation.  There is no requirement for any association to use GHIN, and I know that several state associations choose to do something different.  The Handicaps of the players in those states are still valid USGA handicap, even though they don't have a GHIN account.  The same would hold true of USHandicap accounts, assuming their website is accurate.

That said, a tournament, or a state association, might have requirements beyond simply a valid USGA Handicap.  They might look at "other" handicap services with a degree of skepticism.  The US Handicap website says they'll intercede on your behalf if you have any problems.    If they fail to respond, and fail to clear up any issues, you do have a valid complaint, but its customer service, not necessarily the validity of your handicap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

I'll second what Chief 3001 said. DO NOT USE USHANDICAP!! I joined a club that gave me a GHIN account so I no longer needed my USHANDICAP subscription. I've sent them at least 6 requests to cancel my membership over the past couple years with no response. Every year they still take the membership fee out of my account. I finally had to cancel my bank card to stop them from taking money from my account. Their forum is filled with people that have the same complaint.

• 5 months later...

I'm new to golf and joined this site last year to establish a handicap. I've posted scores and the revisions are NOT made in a timely manner to update your handicap in GHIN and I've totally lost faith in the validity of this site. To Anyone Establishing a handicap for the long term: GO ANOTHER ROUTE! 

Note: This thread is 1134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!