IGNORED

Golf Commentating

ken on the course
Note: This thread is 1307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Watching the pros play golf on television is very entertaining. Seeing how they get themselves out of trouble, and their club selection, can always be a learning experience. Asking yourself why he chose that 3 iron when putting off the green instead of a wedge or why he is laying up instead of going for the green in a certain situation. Ah, these little bits of information can easily be explained by the golf commentator or analyst. They are there not only to fill during commercial breaks, but to enlighten you on the finer points of the game. Every network has their own with a mixture of foreign as well as American voices. Who do you like to listen to the most? Who is more entertaining and who do you learn more about golf from?   Most of my friends enjoy Jim Nance and Dottie Pepper. My own choice would be Peter Alliss from the BBC. Does one have a "favorite" voice in golf they like to listen to or are they all the same. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, ken on the course said:

Nance

Grrrrrr.

That's not his name. Pet peeve of mine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

Grrrrrr.

Ha, that's funny. 
I do see the "Nance" thing all the time. Which is weird considering how many times you see his name written on the screen when you watch golf. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I don't enjoy any of them. They don't add anything to my experience, only detract. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I think I’d get tired of anyone’s voice after what, at least 5 hours a day for 4 days in a row, let alone most of these guys who grate on me after 1 minute. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Grrrrrr.

Fear of the letter Z again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!