• Funny 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is up for some Fantasy Golf? The 2020-21 season already starts this Thursday with the Safeway Open. Many of The Sand Trap members have been partaking in Fantasy Golf for over a decade no

Seems like such an easy game 🤪 Never underestimate the effect of beginners luck.

Safeway Open is now available, so you can pick your players (it is usually right around noon - Eastern) 

Posted Images

Was without network on Friday/Saturday so was unable to change Koepka (missed cut) with Harris English (-8 and 80 points on Saturday) between round 2 and 3.  

Pfffff! 

Dumb move to swap out Rory for the final day.  Did anyone have Phil on their rosters?

8 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Did anyone have Phil on their rosters?

I don't think anyone did, otherwise they would have WON !!!
And beat me for high points this week...  

I didn't check all rosters for bench players, but no one had him as a starter ...

• 2 weeks later...

WTF, I read Rory did not play in the Pro Am but was supposed to play through the weekend?
Glad I at least benched him before todays round but it would really suck if he drops and I'll be out a player for the event ... 😡 

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

WTF, I read Rory did not play in the Pro Am but was supposed to play through the weekend?
Glad I at least benched him before todays round but it would really suck if he drops and I'll be out a player for the event ... 😡 

He’s playing.

I need something special to catch Bunker Jon in the last tourney of the segment. Going for a long shot/wildcard. Let's just hope he delivers. Good luck all! 

2 hours ago, Troy Ocker said:

I need something special to catch Bunker Jon in the last tourney of the segment. Going for a long shot/wildcard. Let's just hope he delivers. Good luck all! 

It’s been a rough segment for me! 

Ah Sure, Now DJ decides to up his game.
The last two starts I had him, he couldn't even make the damn cut and cost me dearly.
So, taking another chance, I enter him for the first round on the bench and start IM....

Typical of a shitty selections I have made this season ...  😡

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

Ah Sure, Now DJ decides to up his game.
The last two starts I had him, he couldn't even make the damn cut and cost me dearly.
So, taking another chance, I enter him for the first round on the bench and start IM....

Typical of a shitty selections I have made this season ...  😡

I usually have that luck with Finau, never plays well when I pick him.  I did have DJ this time though.

5 hours ago, phillyk said:

I usually have that luck with Finau, never plays well when I pick him.  I did have DJ this time though.

Finau was money in the bank two segments ago. 

DJ is on the bench for my roster today.🙄

Still learning I guess. I didn't know that you don't get the fedex-bonuses for invited players, like Higgo. Got the longshot winner, but no bonus, kind of an anticlimax.... 

Congratulations to Bunker Jon for taking down the segment.   👏

16 hours ago, Troy Ocker said:

Still learning I guess. I didn't know that you don't get the fedex-bonuses for invited players, like Higgo. Got the longshot winner, but no bonus, kind of an anticlimax.... 

Hahaha! There you go. He got the extra points and made my last post look.....😂

(edited)
On 6/14/2021 at 8:36 AM, Troy Ocker said:

Here is another thing to pay attention to (and it happens on several events each season)

REMEMBER: The U.S. Open is a scoring-level points event. No shot-level points will be awarded.

This means that the US Open won't get you driving, putting, or any other shot-level bonus's, Meaning fewer points to be had. So if you are picking someone because you think they'll score well with driving scores a bonus, or you take Spieth to get a few of those 5 point hole outs from 100 yards or greater, then you are wasting that pick.

But also, this is the first event of the last segment, so everyone is available for you to pick.

Edited by Wally Fairway

• 2 weeks later...

"Stick a Knife" in me @gogolfing I'm done !!!
This will be the last week I ever select DJ's sorry ass game...
As usual, I have Kisner and Doc Redmond on the bench today... :cry:

Thank goodness BK and IP are having great rounds...

• Funny 1