IGNORED

2020-21 TST Fantasy Golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who is up for some Fantasy Golf?

The 2020-21 season already starts this Thursday with the Safeway Open.

Many of The Sand Trap members have been partaking in Fantasy Golf for over a decade now, and we welcome all TST members to join our robust league. In the past, we have played ESPN, then Yahoo, and The Golf Channel fantasy leagues, and have used the PGA Tour Fantasy site since last season; it is fun, engaging, and does not take a lot of time, and from my experience, keeps me more interested in the PGA Tour throughout the season. And TST League is always one of the more competitive out there.

Essentially, you have to pick six players per week, and have 4 starters and 2 on the bench; the bench is there to sub in in case of missed cut etc....the catch is the season is divided into 4 Segments, and you only get to use a player 3 times per segment, so some roster management is needed. For example, even if you only put a player in your roster for a single round, it uses up one of the 3 starts for that player for the segment. Points are awarded in each round for each player for a multitude of factors (see link to the rules at the end of this post). 

To join, you must first go to https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy.html and create a Team.

Once you have done this, you go to the fantasy golf to the right tab, and choose the red "Fantasy Golf". Then,  you can join the TST Fantasy Golf league by following these steps:

Join my league in PGA TOUR Fantasy #PGATOURfantasy Golf 

League URL: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/api/v6/pgaroster/og/object/leagues/id/22988

League Name: TST Fantasy Golf

The password is: thesandtrap
When you sign up, I so highly recommend that you sign up for the roster alerts, which lets you know if you have not filled your roster before the deadline, and then also alerts you if a player has missed a cut, WD etc. If you miss a week, you can still play along, but it is hard to catch up.

Description: PGA TOUR Fantasy allows you to show off your knowledge of the sport by picking a team of 6 PGA TOUR Professionals (4 Starters, 2 Bench). Scoring is live and exclusive using PGA TOUR Shotlink and based on player performance on the course. Play with your friends in a private group or test your skills in one of our public groups. Whether you want to play for prizes, glory or bragging rights PGA TOUR Fantasy is the only live fantasy game where the outcome of each shot matters.

Official Rules: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/roster/rules 

@Club Rat @Aces Wild @Warren Zevon @mildee @Northwoods88 @coachjimsc @Wally Fairway @Shindig @boogielicious @Bill Fusion @golfguide @DaveP043 @Alanpe @djfajt71 @bruce  @Antneye @smdillon @Ballgame59 @vijofrech 

If you are already a member of the League from last year, no need to join again....just set your roster and our League stays there....I have tagged everyone here who was in last year, or posted in the previous threads and showed some interest. Spread the word and invite other TST members and see if we can get our numbers up.

Good luck to all. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• iacas pinned this topic

I need to check my settings and also set reminders, but yeah, I'm up for it. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Season 5 Yes GIF by CBS All Access

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I just checked and still not able to see the Safeway Open in the tournament pull down menu....hopefully it happens later today. Keep checking. PGA Tour does not always make this easy! Whenever someone sees it there, drop a post for the rest of us.

4 hours ago, gogolfing said:

I just checked and still not able to see the Safeway Open in the tournament pull down menu....hopefully it happens later today. Keep checking. PGA Tour does not always make this easy! Whenever someone sees it there, drop a post for the rest of us.

Safeway Open is now available, so you can pick your players (it is usually right around noon - Eastern) 

• Like 1

Players play, tough players win!

30 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Safeway Open is now available

👍

Jeez, these early events have sooo many unknowns !!!
It's a Crap Shoot for picks ....  :whistle:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

3 hours ago, Club Rat said:

👍

Jeez, these early events have sooo many unknowns !!!
It's a Crap Shoot for picks ....  :whistle:

And a lot of familiar names that you recognize, yet wouldn't choose.  I'm looking at you, Hunter Mahan.

Corey

Looking forward to getting the group back for another year, but would be great to get some new blood in the mix to take on @Club Rat

I've tried, I have created a team but it will not let me select a roster.  Most likely because I am late for this tournament.  Hopefully I can get in for next week.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I joined in.  Had a roster already set up so was able to start collecting points in the league.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Ugh, just realized today's Thursday and I missed signing up.  Can I get in starting week 2?  I realize I'm at a disadvantage but I'll be in practice for swing 2.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Ugh, just realized today's Thursday and I missed signing up.  Can I get in starting week 2?  I realize I'm at a disadvantage but I'll be in practice for swing 2.

Yes, anyone can get in starting at anytime...and the season is divided into 4 segments, so missing a week hurts the season race, but can still compete for the other segments....I know Rays Creek missed a week last season and still finished 3rd overall in TST League so still possible. Jump on in!

Note: This thread is 921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!