IGNORED

R7 Forged irons

Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was cruising a Japanese clube site and saw the R7 Forged irons and the TP versions. Me likey.
R7 Forged: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/...duct_info.html
R7 TP Forged: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/...duct_info.html

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

The first R7 Forged link you gave, that club is fake.

Whats in my bag:
Driver: r7 Superquad 9.5 with stiff ProForce V2 75g
Wood: r7 Steel 4 wood stiff stock shaft
Hybrid: 3DX ironwood 3 with stiff Aldila NV Hybrid shaft
Irons: r7 with Project X 6.0 +1"Wedges: 52, 56, 60 spin milledPutter: Rossa Corzina

Yea they are nice clubs and eye candy none the less. But If you want to look at some crazy irons. Check out the Titleist AP2's. They are a work of art. Man if i had the AP2's i would be hesitant to play with them-they look like collector clubs

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

How do you know?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

the second irons have a huge offset for tp irons

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

If it's this link:

R7 Forged: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/...duct_info.html I'm pretty sure it is real.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I've heard nothing but good things about Tour Spec. Where do you get your info. for the "FAKE" accusation? I'm pretty sure you don't know what your talking about.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

If you want to prove me wrong about my fake accusation, get a more credible source; for example, a Legit Taylormade website perhaps.

Whats in my bag:
Irons: r7 with Project X 6.0 +1"Wedges: 52, 56, 60 spin milledPutter: Rossa Corzina

Theyre not fakes. If they were fake that website wouldnt exist

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

People sell fakes to get money. This club was probably faked by someone to create hype. By the way, i am still looking for that credible Taylormade site.

Whats in my bag:

If you want to prove me wrong about my fake accusation, get a more credible source; for example, a Legit Taylormade website perhaps.

Like taking candy from a baby. Here's your TMAG site WITH these clubs

http://japan.taylormadegolf.com/category.asp?catID=8 You need to learn more about both the premium and JDM market before making those accusations. You see they don't sell their premium clubs in North America, but the tour pros play them. When you see a pro playing R7 irons, they are usually the forged ones.

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

AND while you're learning, here is the first set in the original post:

http://japan.taylormadegolf.com/vint...il.asp?catID=8

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg

Sorry, my mistake. I only look at N.A. clubs because that is where i am from. I am not educated on foreign equipment because i don't see them at all.

Whats in my bag:

Usually golf stuff that comes out--it releases in Japan earlier than America

Sorry, my mistake. I only look at N.A. clubs because that is where i am from. I am not educated on foreign equipment because i don't see them at all.

So am I. I also know there is a quality difference between the lower quality stuff they sell in North America and the JDM clubs. Funny, that's what the pros on the US PGA tour play. Your R7s are not what your favorite tour pro plays.

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg

I don't the kind of people like you leek, that rub others mistakes in there faces and drag it along with below the belt punches.

Whats in my bag:

So am I. I also know there is a quality difference between the lower quality stuff they sell in North America and the JDM clubs. Funny, that's what the pros on the US PGA tour play.

Actually-What we play is exactly what the Tour pro's play. I was talking to a representative about that. He said that is one of the biggest myths today. What we play isn't as manicured as the stuff the tour pros play. They get to have all the specs--The clubs are exactly the same though. My r7 425 is the same clubhead bart byrant, fred funk, and other pros play. Your clubs are what the pros play as well.

• Administrator
Usually golf stuff that comes out--it releases in Japan earlier than America

That's not really true at all. Japanese golfers have a whole different take on the game of golf. They like to see the technology, while U.S. golfers tend to like to hide the technology so the club looks more traditional. They're generally shorter golfers, too, and that comes into play.

Most clubs are produced FOR Japan or FOR the U.S. markets. They're quite separate. They aren't, like some products, released in one market before being released in another. Plus, until recently, they had different drivers because their CoR rules weren't 0.83 like ours in the U.S. were.
Actually-What we play is exactly what the Tour pro's play. I was talking to a representative about that. He said that is one of the biggest myths today. What we play isn't as manicured as the stuff the tour pros play. They get to have all the specs--The clubs are exactly the same though. My r7 425 is the same clubhead bart byrant, fred funk, and other pros play. Your clubs are what the pros play as well.

Yes. Their advantage comes down to fitting and their super sense of feel. They have their choice of 100 different heads, all with the same loft and lie, but all of which are ever so slightly different from each other.

Us, well, we have a choice of two or three if they're sitting on the rack, or one if we have to order it. We get what comes to us, and our 9.5 degree driver may be 9.4 or 9.7.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!