IGNORED

Any Other Scotty Cameron Enthusiast/Collectors?

Fraser
Note: This thread is 991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the last few months I've started to get more into collecting Scotty Cameron stuff...I've been primarily limiting myself to headcovers and the odd (non-Circle T!) club.

I'm more of a fan of the late 1990s/early 2000s clubs though and back in the late 2000s I bought a Pro Platinum Laguna off eBay that had been lightly customized by the previous owner. For years I gamed it with a 2004 British Open headcover...being a Brit and a fan of Scottish Terriers the design was hard to resist.

I had long yearned for a limited edition Sterling and Stainless but couldn't justify dropping the best part of $2000 on a putter at that time. A few months ago I learned of the third party putter customizers and one of them Kickstand Putters, could replicate the S&S finish and so I bought a fairly rough early 2000s Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant off fleabay for about $180. $160 for the refinish and $50 for a new Scotty Cameron grip and I'd replicated something close enough to the S&S to make me very happy!

A few times a day I found myself on ebay looking to see what new headcovers have been listed and 

Current headcover collection, though have three more in the mail enroute!

The new putter:

Anyone else as stupid as I?

...and yes, I do post on The Cameron Collector etc. but my tastes and collection are completely tame compared to the high five and six figure collections some people have...

Headcovers.jpg

Edited by Fraser
  • Like 1

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

• iacas changed the title to Any Other Scotty Cameron Enthusiast/Collectors?
3 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I have a few late 90s-early 2000's Scotty Cameron putters. But I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast. Ive considered selling the head covers because they're apparently more valuable than the putters themselves... 

Definitely...just look on eBay...

For each headcover release there are often a limited number (maybe 100, 10 or even 1) that have a slight difference and those are incredibly valuable amongst collectors. 

For a general release headcover (such as for one of the majors) that's new in the bag you're easily looking at anywhere from $85 to $200. For the 1/1, 1/10 etc. and the Tour headcovers you can easily be into the four figure range.

If you're looking to offload I'd be happy to consider any! 🙂

Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

16 minutes ago, Fraser said:

Definitely...just look on eBay...

For each headcover release there are often a limited number (maybe 100, 10 or even 1) that have a slight difference and those are incredibly valuable amongst collectors. 

For a general release headcover (such as for one of the majors) that's new in the bag you're easily looking at anywhere from $85 to $200. For the 1/1, 1/10 etc. and the Tour headcovers you can easily be into the four figure range.

If you're looking to offload I'd be happy to consider any! 🙂

One of SC I own is a x-prototype #6 given to me by a lower tour player (think it was nationwide tour back then) The head cover has these fruit loop things on it and is apparently worth 4 figures to some people. No plans to part with that one though. The few others I have are just pro platinum era putters with the head covers that came with the putter as new. One of them is pretty faded because it was my gamer for years. But If I sell any ill jump on here and PM you. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Funny Scotty Cameron story given the posts from above...

In 2008 there was a black special cover for the British Open. It had yellow submarines all over it with three red windows (akin to the dots on SC putters). I saw it for $350 and thought it looked a pretty good deal as only 90 black ones were made and thought I could resell it for quite a bit more given others had sold for about $600 or so.

Turns out that one of the submarines had four hearts for windows (an homage to the Beatles) and only 10 of those were made. A kind ebayer had messaged me noting I had it labelled as being less valuable than it was as I hadn't spotted it and it wasn't visible in the original listing photos when I bought it.

As these are so rare and usually squirrelled away into collections prices were generally very out of date. I put it on eBay for $2000 with a buy it now price of $2800. Almost immediately I got a $2k bid and message from the bidder asking if he could secure it for the BIN price, not realizing that by bidding he removed that as an option. He did end up being the only bidder but that was quite a result.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn’t afford to be a collector!  I do have a Newport TEi3 that was given to me all beat up.  I sent it to BOS and had it refinished back to original.

At the moment I was given a Mizuno M-100 putter with the rare Mizuno “M” stamp on the bottom.  It belonged to a friend who passed away.  He played very little and this putter is very rusted as is the head.  I want to sell it.  I started selling it on FB Marketplace but everyone was such a PITA about it🙄 I ended doing nothing for now.  I was too busy to answer every stupid question that they didn’t want to look up.  I had Scotty customer service answer a few questions and I think it pissed people off because it proves them unknowledgeable.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I have a SC Newport 2.5 putter that I sent in to have my daughters names stamped on that I use on and off.   Otherwise I have a Golo 3 putter I got for a steal on eBay that I’ve been using.   I know I will go back to the Newport at some point.   I don’t collect putters, I couldn’t switch often and I don’t want to have clubs I couldn’t use.

However I do collect the SC hula girls putter covers.   I have all but two and most of the, are really nice and well done.   I’m at the point where I just catch it on eBay when they come out in January.  My bag usually has a Hawaiian theme, although I currently am Red, White and Blue themed so I am usually something different.   I have a Jackpot Johnny head cover as well that I used for a couple of years.   They hold up well.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!