IGNORED

Impact Position on Practice Swing is Good, But Flipping on Actual Shot?

jread273
Note: This thread is 1243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

First post on this forum but looking forward to using it to improve my game. Started playing golf around 5 months ago and now I'm hitting a regular mid to high 80's at my local course. I Noticed I was flipping at impact due to hitting a fair few fat shots, so did a lot of work on trying to stop it. Now im at the stage where i could do 100 practice swings and get it right every time, but whenever I hit the ball with the same feels I still end up flipping?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Jason

impact 11.jpg

impact 33.jpg

• boogielicious changed the title to Impact Position On Practice Swing Ok, Flipping On Actual Shot?
15 minutes ago, jread273 said:

Hi,

First post on this forum but looking forward to using it to improve my game. Started playing golf around 5 months ago and now I'm hitting a regular mid to high 80's at my local course. I Noticed I was flipping at impact due to hitting a fair few fat shots, so did a lot of work on trying to stop it. Now im at the stage where i could do 100 practice swings and get it right every time, but whenever I hit the ball with the same feels I still end up flipping?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Jason

impact 11.jpg

impact 33.jpg

Jason, welcome to The Sand Trap. I would suggest you start a My Swing Thread in the Member Swings section. We can see what is happening better there. Remember to read the notes on how to film your swing, i.e., camera angles and slow motion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Impact Position on Practice Swing is Good, But Flipping on Actual Shot?
  • Administrator

Things you don't have to worry about on a practice swing:

• Hitting the ball a certain distance
  • Hitting the ball on the center of the clubface
  • Hitting the ball first and then taking a little divot
  • Hitting the ball on your intended start line

People's practice swings are always better than their "real" swing. (I'm not counting good players who will often just exaggerate something that isn't their "real swing" at all, but exaggerates a feel.)

And, we can have a conversation about this.

Often, too, a lot of people will have the shaft leaning forward on a practice swing… with the face WIDE open.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST Jason.   Recording your swing will help the experts here give your some great advice.  

He got that advice already. We can also have a discussion about practice swings.

Let’s be careful about volunteering others to give free advice, too. 🙂

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
7 hours ago, jread273 said:

iacas, 

After reviewing some more practice swings your absolutely right about the club face. It was WIDE open 🤣

There you go. The trick, obviously, is to make a swing with that shaft lean without having to flip the hands to square the face. 😄

Note: This thread is 1243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!