IGNORED

has anone ever whiffed it on this forum?

Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

twice. yesterday. went completely under the ball with a lob wedge. wasn't trying anything special - i had to take a drop off a cart path and the only place to go was into heavy rough (12-24 inches). The only option I had was to go back down the fairway with my 5iron again.

2 fresh airs, 1 shot hit deeper into the rough, a bunker shot and 2 putts later I had an 8 on my scorecard!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember the last time I flat out missed the ball on a full swing, I have of course whiffed the odd flop shot from deep rough where the club has gone under the ball.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I have never missed the ball, but I have a few times tapped the ball off of the tee before my shot.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

...I remember topping a ball so badly, that due to the ground being so soft, as a result of the lovely Scottish weather, the ball plugged about 2" straight down from where it was!

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

This is funny. When I was about 8, I was playing in a junior league with a bunch of 10-13 year olds and generally I could hold my own, but on one particular day things were just not going the way I wanted them to go. After waiting for the group in front of us (because of my abnormal length off the tee at the ripe age of 8) there was a group waiting on us before I had even teed off. Well I happened to roll my drive. That was embarrassing, but the group behind me just made it worse. Laughing and making fun of me (because I was at least 2 years younger than them). I then proceeded to address the ball and take a hack at it. Missed. Tried again, missed. Again, missed. It was horrible. They were counting strikes, ex. strike one!, strike 2, strike 3. Well after I got out, I proceeded to take the stroke limit and walk to the next hole. Remember it was a junior league so there was a legitimate stroke limit in place. I believe of 8. But I over came that and proceeded to hit a beautiful drive down the right side of the next hole. They never bothered me again.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

hi

Oh yes, over the years I've done this many times.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I have not completely whiffed it on the course in a long long time. However I was at golf galaxy last night trying out a couple 3 woods and completely whiffed the ball. I felt like a total moran. Luckily nobody was there. I chalk it up to having not swung a club in a few months thanks to old man winter.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Yeppers :) Better to just call it a practice swing ;)

If you played it from the bunker, wrong move! Here's a snapshot of the rules on unintentional hits:

1) If you're on the tee, the ball is NOT in play yet. Therefore, if you accidentally hit it, there's no penalty, you just re-tee and hit. 2) If the ball IS already in play, then it is a one-stroke penalty for moving the ball. However, you are supposed to RETURN it to the previous spot and then resume play, not hit it from its new location. DLIII did this when his practice putting stroke accidentally hit the ball. He hit his next putt from where the ball ended up, didn't take the right penalty and got DQ'd for signing an improper card.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

i havent whiffed over the ball since i was just starting out...i have whiffed under the ball due to deep rough

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I have not whiffed (of my own accord) in a long time. Usually, if I whiff, there is a pine tree bow involved (and I am trying to be GREEDY)... Now, COLD TOPS, that a whole other animal........

If you played it from the bunker, wrong move! Here's a snapshot of the rules on unintentional hits:

While true, there is one thing I've just never quite understood about that rule...

What is stopping a player from saying an "accidental" hit was an intentional shot?
Whats in my bag:
Driver: R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Stock
Wood: R7 3 wood Stiff Stock, r7 5 wood Stiff Stock
Irons: Command BK 3-PW Stiff TT Black Gold Shafts
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: Dual Force Rossie II or White Hot XG #9 (Haven't had a chance to use both yet.)

hi

Not since i was quite young > the double hit is so bad to do in comp (i average at least once a year)
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

havent whiffed in quite a while...but my girlfriend on the other hand is just getting into golf and she only makes contact with the ball about 40% of the time.

In my bag:

983K 9.5*
906F2 15*
585.h 19* 755 3-PW Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10 Newport 2 35" NXT Tour

Not since I was a teenager, but came close last year. Heeled a three wood left about 50 ft. in the rough late in a round of my dad's member-guest, almost missed it altogether. I blamed it on mental exhaustion.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I was golfing with my dad and two uncles, and my dad was up to hit on the first hole, and he doesn't golf at all, he basically gave up the game in 2000, and his golf swing looks like a 100 year old man's, very short back swing. There was about 3 carts watching him it and he whiffed 3 times it was so funny. Then on the next hole he topped the ball and on his second shot he whiffed 2 more times then he said at the ball " you mother fu__ker" and he hit a good shot it was so funny. I have whiffed a lot when i was trying to hit the ball right-handed

In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!