IGNORED

has anone ever whiffed it on this forum?

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I made it through 2007 without one, but it is inevitable. There will be more in my future. The best thing to do is grab your back as soon as you miss the ball. That way the laughing turns to "Are you OK?"
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, some of my posts on this very site have been total whiffs.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Guilty. When I do it I make a funny spectacle out of it to subdue to embarassment. If I'm not on a super nice course I'll toss the club up a couple feet above my head and make a joke about myself before anyone else can. It makes them laugh and spares you the embarassment. Then you get back up there and knock it past all their balls. Then they don't laugh so hard.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

i must admit that i whiffed one hard sunday...wind gusted and nudged me off balance mid swing. all i could do was laugh. such is life

In my bag:

983K 9.5*
906F2 15*
585.h 19* 755 3-PW Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10 Newport 2 35" NXT Tour

I whiffed I could be playing golf right now....

In my bag:

360 10.5 44.5 Prolaunch
300 Tour 15 EI-70
V-Steel 21 (POS!, bye bye) TA-7 Tour 4-PW 56 & 60 588's Anser 2 Laddie (Why??)Mini bottles of Jim Beam...Oops.

i try to act like i was just practising..lol

ya its embarrasing ive done it plenty of times before i did it 4 days ago i just picked my head up for no reason and did it all my friends were around they was cool they was like get off it and calm down so it could of been worse

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

no whiffs lately, definately have before, but the occasional worm burner will attack me when i blade a long iron and mow the lawn for the greenskeepers.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Of course I have, last one I remember I was hitting in some tall "you shouldn't be here" grass on the side of a pond, full swing with a nine iron, ball went about 3 inches due to the fact I hit the grass hard enough to slightly advance the ball, wrote a snowman on the card when it was all said and done.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

• Administrator

Not since the first day I ever held a golf club, no.

That statement is NOT true for the guy in the twosome in front of me today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Almost as bad ... the same amount of embarrassment:
My tee shot ended up in the fairway, but in a divot.

I was playing with a few other strangers I got paired up with. It was my turn to hit so I addressed the ball & took a swing ... my club must have hit the top of the ball because the ball actually bounced BACKWARDS about 15 yards.

I wish I could have disappeared at that point ... :)

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

Now, if you want to talk about bad shots, that's a whole new can of wormburners.

I had a tee shot that went 90 degrees right. I'm not talking a slice, I mean I toed it so bad that it went perpendicular to my body and hit a metal bench where my wife's grandfather had just been sitting. It was so loud that they probably heard it on the moon. Best part was we were in the 3rd of 4 foursomes from our group. We were on the 12th tee. We had people on the 11th green, 12th green and 13th fairway. There was no way to hide.

I was playing with a guy in league. We were on a par 5. He didn't hit a great tee shot.....decides to hit a 2 iron for his second shot.....topped it and it went probably 10 feet. Still hitting the 2 iron (obviously) and this time, he hit it backwards! About 10 yds! He then did the only logical thing there was left to do.....dropped to a 5 iron. LOL The man is now famous at the course I play at......but that's because he can clean a chicken wing to the bone like none other.

once i hit a ball off of the toe at a 90* angle. it hit my bag and bounced backwards. i wasn't sure if that was a penalty, but i hit my next shot to 5 feet. i didn't enter a score for the round because nobody was sure if there should have been a penalty or not.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!