IGNORED

Work Out Routine (Exercise for Golf)

Brooklyn
Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do a hot yoga class once a week and it is great. Good stretch with a workout combined. The heat allows for a great deep stretch; the class I am in will be anywhere from 99˚ to 104˚ with 60-65% humidity. Hydrate tons during the day and afterward and it isn't as bad as it sounds. The class I do is 75 minutes, includes balance, stretching and core stuff, so it is great for golf.

That sounds Brutal!

I've been working out for 3 months to lose weight and strengthen my ankles and Core. I can tell the difference and the soreness doesn't affect me anymore at all.

In the bag:
MX-100 Irons
Wedges 54*
60* SV Tour Wedge
putter 3-Wood, 5-wood 10.5* driverLimbo Ball

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to lose weight is to limited what you eat, consider that you can be on a treadmill for 30 minutes and only burn about 180 calories, equivalent to a can of soda. Exercise is great to stay in shape but exercise as a means to lose weight is very tough. Exercise for health and stay in shap and lose weight by watching what you eat.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

The best way to lose weight is to limited what you eat, consider that you can be on a treadmill for 30 minutes and only burn about 180 calories, equivalent to a can of soda. Exercise is great to stay in shape but exercise as a means to lose weight is very tough. Exercise for health and stay in shap and lose weight by watching what you eat.

To me, diet AND excercise is the best way to loose some unwanted pounds. I lost 50 lbs. last year, many of those can be attributed to walking the course several times a week and going to the gym on a regular basis. The main thing I changed with my diet is eating more frequently, but in small portions.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It’s the Olympic style lifting that has really made the difference in the off season. This kind of lifting will develop the fast-twitch muscle fibers, strength, and - believe it or not - a certain degree of flexibility…. and aside from the actual mechanics, I believe that these are the essential elements to both a sound and powerful golf swing.

Olympic weightlifting is the way to go! It's the best way to improve dynamic strength and flexibility (perfect for golf). It also mimics the same energy system that is used for the golf swing, which is an often over looked portion of most sport specific training programs.

Also...no squats on a swiss ball. Think risks vs rewards.

Srixon Z-RW 8.5* Matrix XCON 6
Callaway Steelhead Plus 15* Rifle 7.0
Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19*
MacGrecor Pro-C Forged 3-PW Rife 6.5
Cleveland Wedges 53* 58*YES! Tracy

I do a hot yoga class once a week and it is great. Good stretch with a workout combined. The heat allows for a great deep stretch; the class I am in will be anywhere from 99˚ to 104˚ with 60-65% humidity. Hydrate tons during the day and afterward and it isn't as bad as it sounds. The class I do is 75 minutes, includes balance, stretching and core stuff, so it is great for golf.

Is that a Bikram Yoga class? My friend keeps telling me I need to do that. Seriously hot girls!

I actually practice yoga myself. Been a little off with it lately. But after trying weightlifting and all around training with a trainer I switched to yoga, light running and light ab work (on top of yoga). I really liked seeing my body changing with the trainer's approach, but, I've had more success with my game with the routines I do now.
How do you guys go to the gym and continue to be limber enough to continue to play golf on a regular basis. I know there are a lot of PGA players that do so, namely, Tiger and Camilo, but just wondering how anybody else does this without a personal trainer for assistance. I find that sometimes my back is too sore for golf.

When I used a trainer I would make sure I wasn't lifting heavy within two days of an event. On that third day though, I'd be ready to go! I would suggest using a personal trainer if only temporarily to find out how to lift weight correctly. Ask about exercizes you use and try and remember the exersizes they use.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 months later...
Probably one of the most work out crazied golfers of all time, greg norman, emphasizes the use of circuit training. The interval training of cardio and resistance training, which also increases flexibility. Its a great work out and since its not just body building, it closer to what the human body really moves. This isolation weight training isn't good for golf.

I do this every monday and wednesday during my lunch break, its tough. I did weight training for about 2 years before that, dumbbells, machines, i thought i would be up for this, first class took me out.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!