IGNORED

Concealed carry while golfing?

DirtCheap
Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

maybe in Oklahoma.

Um, yes, and any state I am legal in. Thanks

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the issues that I can't grasp, you feel the need to protect yourself (which is fair enough, obviously) but why do something that makes you as bad as the attacker?

Because your still

Maybe I'm a bad person, but I have no qualms about killing someone who is threatening my life or my family's lives. In my moral code there is a difference in the two, and the same is true in the moral code that most people adhere to. This is evidenced by the criminal justice system... self defense is an affirmative defense to homicide both here in the states and in the UK. This means that if you are tried for murder and can show that you were acting in self defense or defense of others then you will be found not-guilty.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

As passionate as people are about this, so far there hasn't been any real flaming... Not so far as I can see.

I reiterate that Bravo Zulu. It's not like we're going to change anyone's minds, either. As long as we can all agree that Guinness is better than Victoria Bitters...lol

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

I don't have a problem with someone carrying a gun. However, feeling the need to carry one on the golf course is puzzling. I believe the type of people that play golf will not have a need to protect themselves (on the course). Furthermore, I don't know of any golf courses in particularly bad neighborhoods.

One of the reasons I stopped playing basketball was because of the fighting. I played ball in parks where my friends were like "Here?"

When it comes to golf, though, I just don't envision it. I'm hoping this feeling stays true, forever.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I don't have a problem with someone carrying a gun. However, feeling the need to carry one on the golf course is puzzling. I believe the type of people that play golf will not have a need to protect themselves (on the course).

I'm the type of person to play golf and I don't feel the 'need' to carry a gun in my bag, but I do feel that it is better to have than have not.

Furthermore, I don't know of any golf courses in particularly bad neighborhoods.

They don't need to be in a bad neighborhood. All you need is someone from a bad neighborhood to come to you.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

Are you serious? Maybe if your playing golf in Iraq. Come on now.

what the........................... why are we talking about guns for?

this is a golf forum.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

what the........................... why are we talking about guns for?

And that'd be why were talking about guns on the golf course.

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

And that'd be why were talking about guns on the golf course.

don't you see what the issue is?

guns bring more harm than good. golf on a golf course ? an all new low.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)

I'm the type of person to play golf and I don't feel the 'need' to carry a gun in my bag, but I do feel that it is better to have than have not.

That doesn't really make sense. If you're from a bad neighborhood it doesn't mean you're a bad person.

Sorry getting a little OT
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Add the captions!!!
Wacko comes out of the woods for your girlfriend with a shotgun pointed at you. You have have your gun in one of the bag pockets. So,.........what do you tell waccko to keep him from shooting while you search for your gun??

1) Let me get my wallet so I can pay you for taking her
2) golfers never carry on the course so I am just going to get a new tee,
don't get nervous.

An informal survey.
How many of the golfers in this forum, in the past, have ever needed a firearm for protection while playing golf?

An informal survey.

It's a moot point.

Thats like saying, you haven't needed a spare tire, so you might as well take it out of the car. You have never made a homeowners claim, so you might as well drop insurance. It's about being prepared "in case."

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

It's a moot point.

i think this thread has gone on too far.

i guess only gun owners will understand/justify why they have /need guns. this is obviously a touchy subject in the US. I have never any issues with people getting stabbed or killed my an armed person on the golf course. personally i think it's serious overkill.

I thought this was a joke too...lmao

You need a gun on a golf course??? You live in Arkansas I believe, I don't know these areas, but is it particularly rough out there on the links? I personally have never heard of anyone getting jacked on a golf course. I guess gun lovers want to carry it everywhere. Bring it to church too....your kids pre-school....you never know.

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

Let's compare the frequency of getting jacked on a golf course to getting a flat tire...good lord not even comparable.

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

Let's compare the frequency of getting jacked on a golf course to getting a flat tire...good lord not even comparable.

I thought this was a joke too...lmao

haha.

i agree.

i think this thread has gone on too far.

I don't, haven't, and won't own a gun. But I fully understand and justify what they need guns. I'm glad I live in a country that wasn't foolish enough to outlaw them. Look at what happened to the violent crime rate in your country after the ban.

this is obviously a touchy subject in the US. I have never any issues with people getting stabbed or killed my an armed person on the golf course.

I suspect violent encounters on the golf course are rare, but there have been stories of people being robbed at golf courses - not by their fellow golfers, but by trespassers, armed or otherwise. Thankfully, the courses I play are plenty busy, so it's unlikely (I believe) to happen to me, simply due to the high level of traffic going through.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

personally i think it's serious overkill.

It's only overkill until you need it.

The point of the thread was to ask who carries, without asking who carries. Some came right out and said, "I carry." Some were much more subtle. It didn't occur to me the international aspect I was going to get by starting this thread. It's quite interesting how the opinions of those who didn't grow up with guns differed from those of us who have never lived in a home without one. Here is my favorite definition of freedom.. Freedom: The opportunity to be responsible for your own actions. If I am relying on the government to be responsible for me, then I am not truely free. The government has given me the right to carry a hidden handgun in 38 states. This gives me the opportunity to be responsible for the safety of my family and the opportunity to rely just a little less on the government, meaning I am just a little more free.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I will and would feel free the day lived in a place that I don't have to think about carrying a firearm to protect my family or myself.

The answer to my question is not "you never know when you may need it", "better have it that not have it", "I feel better having it", "its a moot point".

The question is: How many people in this forum have been in a situation in a golf course that they needed a firearm.

It will help me decide:1) if there is a significant risk 2) am I willing to assume that risk 3) Should I carry because the risk is significant 4)Is there a greater risk that my firearm may be lost or stolen 5) Is it better to leave the firearm in the car (may be stolen) or at home.

Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!