IGNORED

New Member from Clovis, CA

Mikem65d
Note: This thread is 1196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone, my name is Mike and i started playing the game 24 years ago at the age of 41.

It's the most satisfying sport that I enjoy. Meeting new people has been the best part of the game for me.

I am currently the area field superintendent for my company. We are in the finish end of home construction and I watch over the installations (flooring and quarts/granite countertops) and finalize the QC end of our work in the valley. My background for the last 40+ years has been Architectural Showcasing/Millwork. 

I am just coming back into the game after a 5 year layoff and am really enjoying the sport even more now that I have taken the time to understand the equipment this time from reshafting to restoring numerous clubs I have accumulated over the past 5 years.

Happy to part of this community.

regards

Mike

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to New Member from Clovis, CA
  • Administrator

Welcome to the site. Good number of CA people here, though I have no idea in what part.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Welcome to TST! Glad you’re here. Do you have some pics of your club work? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Welcome to TST! Glad you’re here. Do you have some pics of your club work? 

No pictures. I just get satisfaction out of doing my own work and not seeing the heads fly off at the range😁

I am neat and tidy with my work though. Now that you mention it though, I think i'll do a few shots and post here this weekend.

14 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Hi Mike,

Welcome!  I grew up in Fresno.  Moved away many years ago but still visit a couple of times a year.  Where do you like to play?

Hank's, Airways and Riverside. Madera is a lot better now that some of the trees have grown over 4 ft😎

@Mikem65d,

Welcome! When you have a chance, please pick an avatar.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, Mikem65d said:

No pictures. I just get satisfaction out of doing my own work and not seeing the heads fly off at the range😁

I am neat and tidy with my work though. Now that you mention it though, I think i'll do a few shots and post here this weekend.

Hank's, Airways and Riverside. Madera is a lot better now that some of the trees have grown over 4 ft😎

Awesome, I grew up on those courses.  Not sure if you remember because even though you are older than me, this was well before you started playing:  I actually learned as a kid when Hanks was just a driving range at the airport right there off Chestnut, between Dakota and Shields.  I also played a lot at Palm Lakes when it still existed.

And I disagree with you about Madera - it was my favorite course throughout the 90's SPECIFICALLY because the trees were sparse and tiny lol!!  As long as I didn't go left, especially on the front, I could score really well from anywhere haha!

I also used to spend a lot of time at Fig Garden because I had a couple of friends on our high school golf team that worked there.

Now, my family that still lives in town have joined Belmont, so whenever I visit (usually Easter and Christmas) that is where I play.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, Golfingdad said:

Awesome, I grew up on those courses.  Not sure if you remember because even though you are older than me, this was well before you started playing:  I actually learned as a kid when Hanks was just a driving range at the airport right there off Chestnut, between Dakota and Shields.  I also played a lot at Palm Lakes when it still existed.

And I disagree with you about Madera - it was my favorite course throughout the 90's SPECIFICALLY because the trees were sparse and tiny lol!!  As long as I didn't go left, especially on the front, I could score really well from anywhere haha!

I also used to spend a lot of time at Fig Garden because I had a couple of friends on our high school golf team that worked there.

Now, my family that still lives in town have joined Belmont, so whenever I visit (usually Easter and Christmas) that is where I play.

Ha.....I didn't know that about Hank's. Hank's is where a friend took me in '96 to learn how to hit a ball....A day later we played the 9 holes there and I was hopelessly hooked.

Palm Lakes was so cool at that time because hardly anyone was playing there anymore and I could play 2 balls on each hole to practice even more. Too bad it closed.

I've never played at Fig Garden.

Good times ahead 🙂

Note: This thread is 1196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!