IGNORED

When will the war on terror end?

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone would like to speculate when the war on terror will come to an end?

will the objectives of the campaign be met in our lifetime, and has the action made the world a safer place to be in?

your thoughts please.

It's hard to tell. It seems like this is a very different kind of War. There is no clear cut enemy. They hide themselves among civillians and strike and run(or blow up). It just looks like there is no "real army" that we are fighting. I'm not in the Army so I'm really no expert in this. It's great that we're helping other people out but, when in the cost too great? When does the loss of American life outweigh the cost of Iraqi life?

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

There is no way to declare victory in a war against an idea or a concept.

I suspect this was intentional.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

When does the loss of American life outweigh the cost of Iraqi life?

In my opinion a life is a life. How can you place a value from one life to another.

And I thank god that we live in a day that we talk about 1 soldier killed rather than WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Korea, etc. when the count was in the hundreds and thousands. For how long it will last, this will be an ongoing struggle for many more years to come. These "people" ,if you can even call them that, believe that they are doing a legitimate good when the commit these vile acts. Martyrdom, and as long as this idea is out there nothing will come to an end soon. Another opinion, with the growing threat of Iran we will be sanctioning them for years to come until they actually build their nuclear weapon and we have to use our force again. I pray that this never happens because I believe Russia and N. Korea will come to Irans add, and thats not good for anyone.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

i think even contemplating the invasion of Iran is a bad idea....they are a much stronger country froma military point of view than any other in the region. I think we should leave them alone.

Well... hmmm...

As long as it is labled a "war" the rules are changed. The President may take certain liberties under the "war powers". Also, enemy combatants captured in a war are dealt with differently than others. I could expand on these ideas and go on forever, but I don't have that kind of energy. Make no mistake though... calling it a "war" on terror was a political move. I'm not saying it was good/bad or otherwise, but it was political and thought out. Very simply... it will end when the government ceases calling it a war or when people elect people who will do such.

But... for all intents and purposes... we proabably will never and should never stop fighting terrorists. There have been terrorists throughout all of history and it is doubtful that this will end anytime soon. Even if the Muslim fundamentalist movement looses force, there will be other terrorists fighting for other causes in the future.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

dec 22, 2012

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

dec 22, 2012

are you sure? I have a suspicion that you might be guessing.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

why the political thread on a golf site??? My dad once told me, that to avoid an argument, you should never talk of 2 things: religion and politics. So there it is: no comment!

hi guys

Victory on Islamo-fascist terror can only be won when we attack the sources--Bashir Assad (spelling?) in Syria, Ahmadinejad in Iran, and every last vestige of Wahabbism in Saudi Arabia must be eradicated with military force if necessary.

Otherwise we're doing the equivalent of treating the symptoms of a disease without getting at what's causing it. But yeah I prefer we stick to golf and not politics.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

why the political thread on a golf site??? My dad once told me, that to avoid an argument, you should never talk of 2 things: religion and politics. So there it is: no comment!

that rule is for a cocktail party, when someone starts serving me martinis around here, i'll stop talking politics

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Victory on Islamo-fascist terror can only be won when we attack the sources--Bashir Assad (spelling?) in Syria, Ahmadinejad in Iran, and every last vestige of Wahabbism in Saudi Arabia must be eradicated with military force if necessary.

good plan, peace will come when everyone is dead from the wars

i think even contemplating the invasion of Iran is a bad idea. they are a much stronger country froma military point of view than any other in the region. I think we should leave them alone.

Yea you're right, lets leave them alone so they can keep enriching uranium to weapon grade. Then when they make thier nuke we should still leave them alone, and once they drop it over Israel, which is what (not even going to attempt to spell it) said he would do once they have the capability. We should still stay out of it though. I agree 100 percent with your sentiment.

Lets just let the U.N. take care of things. Worked in N. Korea.
they are a much stronger country froma military point of view than any other in the region. I think we should leave them alone.

And the world has yet to see the full extent of what America can do. If you thought " Shock and Awe " was something, just wait till its " Shock and Holy $*it. " If Iran keeps going with the route that they are on now, its only a matter of time.

And dont worry, we got France backing us. How can we go wrong?

Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

good plan, peace will come when everyone is dead from the wars

Peace through superior firepower is unfortunately the only way.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for those who kept their swords.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Is this conflict seriously on the cards?..an elected Democrat Presidential wouldn't have such hawkish ideas surely?..i think there are better ways of addressing Iran through sanctions etc. An armed conflict would drag Israel in no doubt and then another serious war with massive consequences.

So i have to opt out of this idea of a hot war.

dec 22, 2012

LOL!

I was thinking December 22, 2012 at 2:23 p.m. PST.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is this conflict seriously on the cards?..an elected Democrat Presidential wouldn't have such hawkish ideas surely?..i think there are better ways of addressing Iran through sanctions etc. An armed conflict would drag Israel in no doubt and then another serious war with massive consequences.

If you have been watching anything on Iran you would have seen that we have imposed sanctions up the ass with them. And what do they keep doing?

Correct, Enriching Uranium towards weapon grade. There is no option other than an armed confrontation. Unless, you would like to see the terrorists gain access to nuclear energy. I dont see where that could go wrong. And Barack " Hussein " Obama or Hillary " Rodham " Clinton wouldnt be stupid enough to let Iran arm themselves. They can promise us the world and peace and prosperity through better foreign relations all they want, but even if they sit their ass in the oval office it will never happen. Its an unfortunate world we live in to where the size of a countrys proverbial muscle is the extent of its power, and fortunatley for America we have won Mr. Universe the past 200 years running.

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!