IGNORED

Playing partners

Borf
Note: This thread is 5900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do most people have a set 4some or a group of friends they play with?

have you ever had someone get mad you when you play good?

I have only lived in Toledo 3 years and will soon move again...

1) I play a lot with my wife 2) I also play with a med student that I met while plaing as a single... in fact we play almost weekly together. 3) I used to play with some guys at my church back in Michigan... we played fridays and about 5-10 guys would show depending 4) never had a regular foursome though 5) when I played JV in high school, I knew a guy who would always get pissed when I played well... mostly because he was Mr. Golf and I had just started recently and I would beat him.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I've never played well enough to tick anybody off. Maybe this year.

As for playing partners, I've got maybe 6-8 guys from work who play together fairly often. I also play with my wife and frequently go out alone and play with whoever I run into at the course.

I haven't anything like a regular foursome, but there's one friend I play with semi-regularly and two other friends I play with sometimes.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have one cousin in Chicago, my best friend in Maryland whom I fly out to to play with, but sadly, all my friends talk about playing but no one is every interested in doing so. They never follow up with coming out to play or investing in getting a set of clubs. They want a freebie... Anyone looking for weekend warrior in Chicago, i'm down...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I regularly play with my father-in-law and two guys from work (we all work at the same place). No one gets upset with anyone else about their play.

I have a golfing buddy and we go out every Sunday morning. If the wives are out of town we golf Saturday too. I really don't like playing in foursomes. I don't like to play betting games and four people the pace of play is alot slower then I like. I have alot of friends who golf but really only a couple that I like golfing with.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I play with the same foursome every weekend. We gamble and talk a lot of but its all in fun. Having a great group to play with is half the fun.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I play with the same foursome every weekend. We gamble and talk a lot of

having regulars to play with is great... but once in a while it's nice meeting new people and playing with whoever is there. My wife and I have played with a few couples we just got paired up with at the course and it is good fun. I do miss talking sh_t in my old league though.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

my wife and i get paired up with different people every week
(chances of playing alone on a saturday morning is zero this time of year)- its always been fun meeting different people from all over the country

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

at my club i play with my dad, his friend from work, and another canuck, a lefty. unfortunately he is moving back to canada or not renewing his membership. so it will be a threesome until we find someone else. i also play with a guy who i played with in the fall scramble quite often....he's about a 5

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I have a group of 6 other friends that I play with regularly. Myself and one other guy are willing to play almost anytime, so we are normally always there. The rest just kinda rotate.

I also play with my 8 year old daughter on occasion at a local 9 hole par 3 course. Unfortunately, that usually takes a long time since we let everyone play through. Sometimes we get lucky though and no one else is close and we have a great time.

I love playing golf with my daughter :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I have 2 buddies i play with the most. One of them is just terrible, but as a business partner and good friend, we are happy to have him along and do what we can to help him progress. He really wants to improve so its fun for us to help him.

The other buddy....OH BOY! Yes, this guy takes a couple sips off the old HATER-aide bottle. He has been playing longer than me and usually posts better scores than me. As of late I have tore off a string of 6 or 7 rounds beating him, and i'll tell ya, he's MUCH more fun to play with when he's beating me. It takes the fun out of it when you are having a good round and everything is working for you only to have another guy constantly either complaining about whats not working for him or critisizing your game. I just tell him to shut his mouth or im gonna be rude and yell "JACKASS!" in the middle of his swing like on Happy Gillmore.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

It takes the fun out of it when you are having a good round and everything is working for you only to have another guy constantly either complaining about whats not working for him or critisizing your game.

You're beating him and he criticizes your game? Wow.

Here's the thing to say for that: "Tiger isn't good enough to change his swing in the middle of a round. I have to play with what I brought to the course today. We can discuss swing problems after the round."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I have two golfing buddies. It's such a small world as both guys don't know each other yet went to the same University.

Both are great guys and good golfers.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Some of my friends that are worse than me get mad when I do well.

To be honest, i hate getting paired up with strangers. I have 3 friends that I always play with.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

You're beating him and he criticizes your game? Wow.

Yeah, its dumb that he does that. Its little remarks here and there, like "your swing this..or your swing that" or "you'd me much better with some more lessons" or "you're not playing as well as you usually do, you're beating me because Im off my game, or dont have a certain club with me" etc.

I hate it.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

It is pretty poor when someone you know is a total JACKASS when you play. This happened to me last season, there are about 6-8 of us that play regularly and toward the middle of the season this one guy was being an idiot all the time when we played. When I say this I mean, he would slam clubs, swear and throw balls into the water. This guy was MAYBE a single digit handicap at best , MAYBE a 9 , so him playing bad was something everyone was used to, except him. We cut him, and didnt play with him the rest of the year. It had to be done.

Note: This thread is 5900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!