IGNORED

2008 Masters

x-forged
Note: This thread is 5880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want Zach Johnson to win it but Mr. Woods is overdue for a Masters win I think
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

you would want him to win you iowan! what part of iowa are you in? i have relatives in souix city.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Small town east of Ottumwa called Fairfield... heard of it? Probably not

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Who is this Tiger person people keep talking about?

He's a hack. People use his name to make joking references to decent players.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

Who do you guys pick to win at Augusta? Im gonna take a chance with Aaron Baddeley. Who's thinking a Zach Johnson repeat?

I'd like to see someone like Zach Johnson win again, but I think Jim Furyk's got an excellent chance.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Im thinking that Retief Goosen and Vijay will have strong performances at Augusta.

I dont think Zach will top 10.

And you have to throw Tiger & Phil in the mix to be in the TOP 10 at the least.
In My Bag
Driver:r7 Quad 9.5, Mitsubishi Stiff
3-wood:980F 15, Fujikura Speeder Stiff
Hybrids:Idea Pro Tour Prototype 20 & 23, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons:5-9 Pro Combo, Steel True Temper Precision StiffWedges:Vokey Tour Chrome 248.06, Oil Can 252.08/256.10Wedges: Gunmetal 60 Low BouncePutter:RedX2...

I dont think Zach will top 10.

Well, hold on, here's an interesting question then. Do you think the setup this year is going to encourage or discourage his strategy from last year? He seriously outsmarted the course and, unlike when some folks overpowered it, I don't think they can really set up a defense to it except to encourage overpowering.

The other question may well be how many players this year adopt his strategy from last year. What was he, 11 under on the par-5s and no bogeys on them despite (or perhaps because of) going for none in two?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Goosen, Furyk, Ogilvy and Singh are all in really good form right now. Vijay's new swing seems to be working for him and he's making a lot of putts - when he's making putts, he is in contention anywhere. Obviously Tiger and Phil have to be considered up there too.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

J.B. Holmes looks really good...He is very accurate this year from what ive seen...he flew tiger's ball on the long drive contest..(Tigers ball was at 319) I would like to see a guy like J.B. Holmes do damage at Augusta considering his length--should be fun to watch

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I think Tiger has the best shot, but it's Adam Scott's turn to win the big one.

Either him or my upset pick........

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

J.B. Holmes looks really good...He is very accurate this year from what ive seen...he flew tiger's ball on the long drive contest..(Tigers ball was at 319) I would like to see a guy like J.B. Holmes do damage at Augusta considering his length--should be fun to watch

His long game is looking frighteningly good at the Tavistock. I haven't seen much of him.

Do you think his short game (especially putting) will be enough to put him in contention at Augusta? 350 yards with a 'three quarter swing' will definitely make him exciting to watch.

1 - Tiger Woods
2 - Adam Scott
3 - Vijay Singh

Mickelson, Els, etc nowhere to be seen...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Tiger will probably win but a few others I like who come to mind are Mickelson, Vijay, Els, Goosen, and Casey. Wouldn't overlook a steady player like Stewart Cink who could just hang around like Zach Johnson did last year. Oh, I don't see Zach in contention this year.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

1 - Tiger Woods 2 - Adam Scott 3 - Vijay Singh

1 Tiger Woods

2 Vijay Singh 3 Retief Goosen I agree Mickelson, Els, etc won't be a factor
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

1 Tiger Woods

They rarely are nowadays....

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Isn't it fair to say that anyone with a great short game can contend at Augusta? I'll take any of the guys who are great putters and short gamers over the bombers any day of the week. In that context, Mickelson has to be considered -- he won it just a couple of years ago. J.B. Holmes, on the other hand, doesn't have the experience or the flash with the wegdes and short stick to be a serious contender IMO. I've been known to be wrong on occasion...

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!